How you doing in the "League"

casey

Screenshot taken 30 seconds before the end. I know I'm making progress overall, but dang the build to get to the top tier is slow...

image.png.cc36bf26288a614a8dc1475b6ec6b4eb.png

LeZiziDeTousLsZizis and I traded places two or three times a day for the whole week but in the end his 5 mythic team beat out my 3 mythic team. Still looking for my first 7k plus score (maybe in March).

• Like 6

This league was very interesting in that there were three players who are all very serious contestants: me, sliqguy and RedEagle. The stakes were high (and the expenses were matchingly high), but I decided to try and improve my ranking on the most feared people on Nutaku by crossing off a few more people off my tough opponent hit list. It's not going to be an attempt at a ranking, but 20 of some of the best players here (excluding me):

RedEagle
Hugh Jerexion
La Kajira
SJL996
Lgm123 (I technically beat them on 26th of August 2021, but I'm not crossing them off my hit list since I don't think either of us were going for top 1, and it was before awakenings)
sliqguy
karistea
vampirash
Thulsa Doom
Shado
bla (I've beaten them after awakenings, but I'm giving them a rematch, since I think there was a kinky cumpetition as well as La Kajira who took the first spot)
Keiya black
miles126
Socrates
tmelloi
Doominica
HenNaYatsu
sygfried01
Suga’babe
Angeline

Also, there were two permaboosters on this league. You two get the honor of making me dedicate a Special List for permanently boosted players, and getting a spot on there. I also added a third person from a past league. Being tied to an ID number, this will assuredly make me notice you, and give you some extra attention. You're special; isn't that nice?

league-2022-02-24-graphs.png

league-2022-02-24-leaderboard.jpg

league-2022-02-24-scoregraph.png

• Like 8

Pretty pleased with this week's finish:

image.thumb.png.ca121b3e37a9025986f95e1894a7eb60.png

Admittedly, I did waste 15 Nutaku Koban to buy the last 7 fights. These didn't move me up a bracket. But I wanted my first top 20 finish.

Highest average score by 0.56, lowest number of defeats. Still a bit to go to get top 15, but at level 396 I think I'm doing fairly well. The lowest level player in the top 15 this week was 470! So no surprise I'm not quite there.

Edited by JustVisitingReborn
  • Like 8

My second win. Looks like I could have probably done it even without AM, but better be safe than sorry.

liga1.jpg.4be2271f87ad664e49c82922501bd0d0.jpg

On 1/20/2022 at 7:20 PM, blaa said:

I wondered if you were still playing, but good to see you and a big congrats.

Yeah, Im still playing, but I was super busy IRL during summer, so I decided to stop giving so much attention to this game and stopped stressing about it so much. But I was still trying to do everything basically :D Thats why I also stopped posting on forum, but I was visiting here from time to time. (at least I have become European vice champion in my thing, so i got that goin for me... :D)

• Like 8

Hey, fellow League Addicts. B|

Shout out to the blissfully ignorant dinosaur who used to mistakenly attribute his free koban printer from the old system entirely to his imaginary "skills" instead of acknowledging that the simple fact he was an active veteran in a system grossly imbalanced in favor of active veterans gave him easy Top 4s and more back then. The one who once arrogantly told me outright I would never win D3, because I'm too (in)famous to be sneaky and use the one "skill" of hiding myself at a low rank and preying on unboosted players without anyone noticing me... Because that's all he knew and (mis)understood. My old pal the Dalaran Aspirant from HearthStone can finally answer him today: Knowledge is power and I know a lot. I learn. So. Here's where you're wrong! ;)

In the League that just closed today, I went ALL-IN as early as on Monday morning. Yeah. I put all my cards on the table, with my (in)famous name and I took #1 right there and then, giving my opponents a 72+ hour notice and a clear message: Can you touch this? Go ahead. Make my day. 9_9

HH League Story 109 - D3 - Treasure Flynn Week 5 - Rush Gambit hopefully top 4 A.png

Three days later, well... Look at that frail Level 465 who doesn't even have the "skill" to play sneaky, and instead put all his cards on the table really early, not afraid of his opponents noticing his (in)famous ass let alone calling his bluff (which wasn't one, see further down ^^). Hear the Virgin Steele song he's singing along to...

VICTORY IS MINE!  headbang.gif

HH League Story 109 - D3 - Treasure Flynn Week 5 - Rush Gambit hopefully top 4 K.png

HH League Story 109 - D3 - Treasure Flynn Week 5 - Rush Gambit hopefully top 4 L.png

------------------
D3 run #78 2022/02/17-24
Boosters used: 3 legendaries all the time, 3 AM boosters.
101 players. 100 opponents. 300 fights. wins: 300. losses: 0.
Average: 23.54
Finished: VICTORY IS MINE! First ever #1
Girl Shards: Treasure Flynn (week 5) (already grabbed)
Refills: 186kos 185kos 181kos 177kos 2x166kos 165kos 161kos 156kos 100kos

So, why did I make this crazy and very expensive gamble, and why did it pay off? Well, the previous set of Blessings (Submissive 35% & Capricorn 30%) wasn't exactly optimal for me (see last week's entry) and I even rushed quite a bit of my previous League to benefit from the more favorable one before that (Exhibitionist 35% & Cancer 20%). But when I saw what was coming next (Playful 30% & Column 25%)... YIKES. Double-blessed Moe Bunny plus two other Blessed Mythics I don't have either, plus most of the relevant Blessed girls all of the garbage Yellow Element... Well, I immediately identified a few things. First of all, any League fight I would do during that week of Blessings would give me terrible results compared to the previous one (and, hopefully, also compared to the next one, which will indeed be the case as the insanity of 4 consecutive weeks with a Blessed Element will finally come to an end next Monday). Second of all, people who own Moe Bunny would be able to make a solid amount of points during the second phase of that League, but still nowhere near as much as good players with a good enough White Element base team and enough strong Dark Element and other counters up their sleeves would during the previous one. Third of all, oh boy oh boy, almost all of my opponents were showing full mono-White tag teams during the White blessing! Well, Count Dracula and Helstar had something to tell me about those three facts combined (along with my routine due diligence check of all of my opponents and conclusion that only Sexanova had a decent shot at winning that league if they really went for it, which they absolutely didn't):

“You fools! Do you think with your crosses and your wafers you can destroy me? Me! You do not know how many men have come against me. I am the king of my kind! You have accomplished nothing…”-Count Dracula, “Dracula” (1979)

And that's when I formed my plan. I would go very near zero on my koban stash for this. I would not only say goodbye to Matcha a second time, regretfully (though that was always going to be the case with my budget), delay the current PoV's koban path until early March, but also take the risk of actually not being able to afford my beloved PoA's koban path if I should fail. But I would go all the way in, fight them hard, fight them well, give them everything I had, and hope for the best. As Rorschach aptly put it: “None of you seem to understand. I’m not locked in here with you. You’re locked in here with me!”

I then proceeded to execute that plan. It wasn't easy and it required a lot of careful planning and work, a lot of monitoring and careful risk assessment, and all 6 of my team slots were used, with a lot of switching back and forth, even though my main team (and the one I showed my opponents in defense mode) stayed my trusty Dark/White combo (just like my trusty Orange/Green combo had served me so well the week prior). Because sure enough, that team destroyed the pure Whites (haha), but I also regularly needed to switch to my own pure White team against the Rainbows (hoho), and of course my pure Purple (lol well tag wise ^^) team against the odd smart-ass going in with a pure Dark team instead of a far superior Dark/White combo. And there was a surprising number of times my White/Green, White/Orange and White/Red backup teams also came in handy as a non-negligible number of opponents offered me these unexpected but most welcomed bonuses. I gave it my all from Thursday to Monday morning, while I could.

And then, I switched to the least crappy Rainbow team I could present during this Yellow week, and waited. Not gonna lie, I'm full of joy, excitement and tongue-in-cheek bravado right now, but I wasn't sure this would hold until the very last minute. Parts of me fully expected to find myself dethroned this morning, and I only posted the very first and very last one, but I took a dozen screenshots between Monday and today, every time a little bit more hopeful and even more anxious. ^^

So, that's it. I finally WON D3. And, well, I did it my way... :ph34r:💢

Good luck have fun this week, folks. Stay safe!

• Like 10
  • Hearts 6

Well, I got a new win. I must say that since I abandoned AM booster many weeks ago I am more relaxed by not having to be careful with season, even If sometimes that means Iosing some places.

imagen.png.962a7f8888cdfeb8ae7c2b0b2278654b.png

Mi sincere congratulation for @DvDivXXX Welcome to the club. I can remember when he complained about the veteran advantage more than a year ago, but in the end, the new combat system has allowed him to reach the first in a surely long series of future wins in D3. The emotion has made him going a bit overboard in his comments but he can be forgiven, it has been a long time awaiting for this moment, and it feels good boasting, isn't it? ;)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I do believe Div must have been a little bit hyper when he wrote his very short summary of the week ^^

As for myself, another victory mostly due to the fact that i was using the Sheriff's Badge AME booster, and my main adversaries didn't bother... Guess we all ended up bringing back about the same amount of kobans home, after substraction of the week's expenses...

(a special mention to Stoned Jesus, though, who fought like a tiger and earner his place in the top4... Watch him closely, he's got nimble fingers with his colts, for a guy nicknamed Jesus...)

Capture d’écran 2022-02-24 à 12.58.51.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

A very strange league this week.

As I was late on seasons, I couldn't use many AM boosters. The early CDA beginning before the end of LC was also a problem for me. I've also been quite busy IRL. So I didn't optimized very well and I've to fight at the end 9 boosted opponents.

So this league was not looking good for me. 

In the end, I win a D3 for the lowest investment I have ever made!🍾🥂

Obviously, my opponents played at least as badly as me. 

100 opponents, no loss, 1 AM booster used, 882 kobans spent, a bad average of 23,55.

Screenshot taken at 12:20 GMT+1

1595597537_ligueD3clssmnt.jpg.383e9de0fb205875cd0fc6b924bda596.jpg

Next week : I'm with Shin and 4t+ and I'm still in late in seasons. And next blessings aren't good for me. So surely a top 4. Reaching top 1 will be very hard.

As I feared, we are starting to see the growing influence of blundles with gems in leagues. It's going to get harder and harder for F2P players even with the benefit of being a veteran. 

Keep taking pleasure with this game :)

Edited by Troctout
  • Like 4

Another week in D3, started at level 456, finished at level 458. 

Here is the screenshot taken 5 minutes before the end of the league.

20220224_125557.jpg.2081ac3269af298c827f97b5185c3a7b.jpg

Final rank: 1st

Boosters used : 18 legendaries (1 cordycep / 2 gingseng 6 times). 0.09 mythic (or 9% if you prefer)

101 players -> 100 opponents -> 300 possible fights -> 300 fights performed -> 300 wins and no losses

This week, I had to use a mythic booster for my 9 last fights to get the first place.

This mythic booster was also very useful for some opponents in my new league.

This booster was a very good investment apparently 😄

Take care.

• Like 5

image.png.a11f83c36d4c03b54d108a0717f01ed2.png

Attempt #22 in D3

Info: <current league> [<last league stats>] [<personal best>]

Average: 22.2 (!)  [22.16] [22.16]

Victories: 298/300 (!) [297/300] [297/300]

Always with a mix of legendary boosters, no mythic. Wow! Only two weeks ago I was sure I'm strong enough now to have good chances for Top 15s. Last week was a good one and was close for a Top 4. Only a week later I finally reached the next milestone. I didn't expect it so fast, because I'm not using mythic boosters or refills to save kobans. Maybe I had a weaker league (at least not if you look at the levels), nevertheless I'm happy with it.

Edited by MrXY
  • Like 7
  • Hearts 1

Last weeks result´s were once again quite pleasing :P

Bildschirmfoto 2022-02-24 um 12.59.48.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-02-24 um 12.59.36.png

this week unfortunately I´ll probably not be able to make it 4/4 consecutive wins since @govenants is in the same league as I am 😓 (at least a casual 2nd place should be quite easy :D )  

also me and @blaa are in the same league on nutaku so that´s another league I won´t be able to win this week (it´s not like I could win one on my 2nd account anyways so ^^) ..top 4 looks doable though

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

so, this was a tough league cause i didnt know how good shad0w (4/6 wins) or hen (5/6 wins) will perform. It wasnt as close as I feard though.

image.png.94979112a63fba005391bf45386a0b35.png

309 players, all won, 3 fought boosted, 0,06 better than expected average

2 cordy, 1 gin, 2 1/2 AME

this week I am with shad0w again, so let's see

• Like 9

A good week considering Lemus was in "invasion mode" (allow me the joke, in the haremverse things should be a bit disconnected form RL) Anyway congrats to him for the victory. I was second almost tied with Tatouf with my 7037 points and 23,46 average. Snorkk climbed to fourth displacing Satellizer that was my bet to complete top 4.

I am more and more happy each week with abandoning AM booster, it makes all gameplay smoother and it is not so great penalty unless you are aiming for a win against the top sharks.

imagen.png.ed8d41532fee8b3097e309b712a74678.png

• Like 11

Once again, Top 45; 101 Players, 300 Possible fights, 293 fights done. Too far away from 30th to use refills. 17.52 points on average. I made a mistake with my boosters, I spent 8 Cordys instead of 6, so that brings my average up a bit, but wastes more valuable resources.

Final score: 5134; +143 from last week, and first time above 5000 points.

top30-2.thumb.png.e54a13f28bbd81f8c35d1c8cfd2063f1.png

I don't usually look at the Top 10 because it's depressing :D but here it is:

top10.thumb.png.51116699e7e198e23b88fe2fdd639452.png

• Like 10

This was such an easy league I wasn't sure how to handle it. AMEs still saw a fair bit of use, but sometimes I didn't use any cordyceps at all. I still overshot by quite a bit; it seems I should have played "hands tied behind my back" instead of just "with my left hand". At least it was a nice change of pace to the usual Pyrrhic victories where I spend so much it's hardly even worth it.

league-2022-03-03-graphs.png

league-2022-03-03-leaderboard.jpg

league-2022-03-03-scoregraph.png

• Like 8

Guess who's back... Back again... B|

HH League Story 110 - D3 - Treasure Flynn Week 6 - Anti-Rush Play hopefully FTW or top 4 F.png

------------------
D3 run #79 2022/02/24-03/03
Boosters used: 3 legendaries all the time, 2 AM boosters.
101 players. 100 opponents. 300 fights. wins: 300. losses: 0.
Average: 23.48
Finished: #1
Girl Shards: Treasure Flynn (week 6) (already grabbed)
Refills: 188kos 3x187kos 186kos 183kos 182kos 155kos 81kos

That's right, my second D3 win right after the first one! To be fair, I finally got myself a nice and squishy league group like I've seen quite a few times over the past few months in other LAA members' winning screenshots, especially my former comrade in arms @Tom208's who seems to have become a magnet for these (no offense, dude ^^ it's the luck of the draw, but yeah I found myself envying your groups more than once lately). The biggest "threat" I identified on Day One was... well, ME, by far. So, yeah.

I still did my best not to screw this up and I didn't take it easy and just expect the win either (not making that mistake again ^^ not after the several #5 and my infamous last minute #2 a few months ago). Long story short, I took all the juicy wins I could get during Phase 1 with the crappy Blessings, and many many opportunities to crush Yellow, Green and/or Orange (sometimes even Red, I can only imagine to counter the counter counter to the dominant blessed color ^^), without an AM booster, and mostly preying on the weak opponents (so almost exclusively those who didn't have the overbuffed Moe bunny). This allowed me to take it easy and finish my Season nice and clean and reach Phase 2 on Monday already well ahead. And then of course I went to town right after the Blessings switch (to the current Silver Hair & Grey Eyes pretty favorable set, and the first one without a Blessed Element after 4 consecutive weeks of virtually no Rainbow teams to be seen). I made a partial rush on Monday afternoon to tackle the biggest opponents open for business while I had the chance (before they almost all switched to the expected Rainbow defense for the rest of the week). And then, already at #1 with a strong margin that wouldn't be easy to catch up for my few identified contenders (all of whom were taking it really slow up to that point), I just took my time for the rest of Phase 2, picking off unboosted opponents as they showed up, until I had to attack the few remaining ones boosted last night and this morning, as they never gave me a better opening.

Pretty damn thrilled with the result. That 445 Gape, I mean Gap between Numero Uno and Number Two... That's very satisfying. And exactly what I hoped to achieve in such a weak group. This reassures me that last week's result was not a fluke. Beware the Div from now on! Moo hoo ha haha :ph34r:💢

For @Rarum and friends from the Top Dogs thread, I'll share a bit more insight. First of all, the big surprise to me was @Zteev who given his level, long-time forum activity and being in the once-elite unpronounceable Club of past legends like Shal or George (and current contenders like your friendly neighborhood @holymolly ^^) I genuinely expected to have won multiple D3s by now, and more generally to be much more active and dangerous in League than he turned out to be. It seems he's content with a steady top 15 and not motivated to put much efforts in the Leagues. I respect that.

Other than him, here's the list of potential contenders I made on Day One, along with the "maybes" (that is, players who seemed less likely to go for it, but could on paper be equally threatening if they did). I'll underline those who ended up in the final top 15, and bold those who made it to top 4. Contenders for Top 4: ME #1?!, mikel (444-650), Squirt42 (412-700), CNO Mule (485-650), qwar13 (474-600), HH3 (463-650). Maybes: Charmig (496-600), Tribi (496-600), YYY (493-600), Cindy (492-600), Trickhar (491-600)... I wasn't off by too much. ^^

Good luck have fun this week, folks. Stay safe!

• Like 11
  • Haha 1