How you doing in the "League"

casey

The last two weeks, I've been finishing outside the top 15, when I used to reliably end there.

Two weeks ago, I was tired, and went to bed leaving attacks unused, but sitting something like 13th, ending up 16th.
Last week, I realized it was a tough bracket, and ended up coasting to to a top 30.

This week, I am trying AM boosters for the first time, as the brackets have seemed to get harder with some long time players leaving, concentrating the tougher folks. Using 1 booster for a top 15 versus a top 30 isn't worth it Koban-wise, but I need to experiment.

• Like 4

Time for some predictions about how people will have done in this league:

aizen: 23.43
Agent009: 23.22
Adelaid: 23.2
Agalloch: 23.2
pwned0987: 23.15
45026831: 23
shade46: 22.9
Takanome: 22.7
Vovenok: 22
Rarum: let's not spoil the surprise

It's not meant to be a top 10 prediction, but nevertheless it'll be interesting to see how many of them will be there, or at least in top 15.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

This week in the D3 I started at level 441 and finished at level 443. To say this league was stronger isn't exactly accurate, but there was more involvement by players around my level which resulted in a tighter competition from start to finish. My new strategy is still undergoing tweaks, but I managed to pull in my first top 5 win (yay me) 😀

image.png.491b4a06ebfe95d05f7f68f41d8de960.png

• Like 9

Another week on Autopilot.

Congratulations to @La Kajira on the win who started late and finished very late.

104 players. 309 fights. wins: 309 . losses: 0 Average: 23.68.

3cordys all week. No AM.

Based only on this league and looking through who I'm in with this week (Hi @holymolly ) , most people seemed to be levelling up blessed girls rather than my balls-out 750Mythic, (and not be concerned about harvesting gems anymore), team.

image.png.0a5dc383c0096436b78ca6d06b38fd23.png

Good luck to one and all.

Edited by Hugh Jerexion
  • Like 8

More or less what I expected, in a week with some strong players. Slynia gave it all and win, congrats, and Zak tried to follow.

I got a good third place (I wouldn't have won even with AM boosters). Satellizer got the last top 4 place. I expected more from shal, but he probably took a relaxed and cheap week seeing the competitors.

This week I am again with Zak, so he is favourite to win.

image.png.0042ce4192ef8c81b0e93f7e8a4df193.png

Edited by jelom
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

What's this? A screenshot by Slynia? 🤔
That wasn't yesterday!

image.png

I knew neither jelom nor shal was going to play this league seriously, but I was still a bit paranoid about Zaknafein so I still used 2 AME boosters + the ones I had left from my old league for a total of about 250 fights, which seems to have been overkill.

This week I'll take it easy seeing as I'm with Gogeta and is level 700 team (mine is 650). So I'll let him have this win and I'll go for a cheap top 4 instead. He is already rushing anyway.

• Like 6
  • Hearts 2

HH League Story 102 - D3 - Madame Ivanka Week 4 - Top 4 Attempt (Clubless) B.png
------------------
D3 run #71 2021/12/30-2022/01/06
Boosters used: 3 legendaries all the time, 3 AM boosters. No Club Bonuses for 64 fights.
103 players. 102 opponents. 306 fights. wins: 302. losses: 4.
Average: 22.72
Finished: Top 4 (my second #2)
Girl Shards: Madame Ivanka (week 4) X
Refills: 889 kobans

Quite the week for me. I decided from the get-go that I had a serious shot at a Top 4 (maybe even a tentative slim chance to grab my first D3 win, as I told Shal last week ^^) and I fought tooth and nail for it, koban deficit be damned. Overall, it went very well and I'd need to check my archives but it's definitely one my best if not my best performance yet.

Still, there were quite a few obstacles I hadn't planned for and I've made a few "mistakes", or rather I made a couple of bets that I've lost, and something unrelated happened in my virtual life that I couldn't foresee when I started this League and that resulted in my character being 20% weaker for the last few days. Unfortunate timing, although given how far ahead of me Frostburn1 ended up scoring, I doubt I could have won that one anyway (I had rarely crossed paths with them, so I failed to notice the very real threat they represented when I did my checks on Day One ^^). Anyways, the AM booster more or less mitigated the loss of Club Bonuses on the last few days instead of giving me extra oomph, but that's the least of my worries compared to my reasons for losing said Club Bonuses. (I won't comment on the why and the how, nor will I point any finger at anyone on this forum or anywhere else, and as they already know, it's in the other party's best interests to refrain from any such comment going forward).

I lost one fight to @Oda, and I also scored very little in the two fights I did win against him, that's the bet I've lost. It was poor risk assessment on my end: I was hoping to eventually catch him unboosted  with the second set of Blessings being a bit more favorable to me against him than the first one, and that it would occur before he finished leveling up all 7 of his Mythics to 700 (he only had a couple of them fully done at the start). Well, I lost that bet and ended up having to fight him boosted, with his now-completed Level 700 Mythic team, and as mentioned above, with me being weakened as well. Win some, lose some, it's all a game to meeee (Lemmy, if you're watching us from above, that one's for you ^^). I also lost all three fights to Frostburn1 and his Level 650 Mythic team, the catch being that his team included three blessed ones instead of just the two for Oda and myself. As Captain Hindsight would say, I should have attacked them during the first set of Blessings and while I was a bit stronger myself. Oh well. Live and learn. Fight another day. Congrats to @FrostBurn1 for the win. And I'm honestly not sure if that top 15 was a good week or a bad one for @Xemnas, but I just wanted an excuse to salute him. Hey, dude! :) Keep rocking on.

Side note: Never say never, I guess. I finally gave Numbers' (@45026831) fork of the community script a shot and, most crucially, his Style Tweaks bundle of joy. Among other things, I suddenly understood (and fell in love with) the "Compact League" view, this morning! ^^ Having just one screenshot to take for the entire top 15 is really neat! Also, thank you @Tom208 for being such a good sports about it, as you not only didn't take offense from my decision to switch, but you were nice enough to give me pointers on how to make the best of Numbers' version. You guys both rule and the community is lucky to have you. ❤️ 

So, if there's one thing this chapter of my League Story definitely wasn't, it's boring. ^^ And hey, still a Top 4. Nothing to sneeze at.

Good luck have fun this week, folks. Stay safe!

• Like 10
  • Hearts 1

The end of the week had some turmoil, with me leaving the Royal Club and joining The Discordians along with many of others. That meant I didn't have the club bonuses for a day, and I didn't handle how it would affect the league perfectly. Also an update changed up some inner workings of the site, again. I used "only" two AMEs this time.

Also, I tried some new tricks again with attempting to predict how people will do, and adjusting resource usage accordingly. This is very much a work in progress thing; I'm trying to find out a method to the madness of minimizing costs over a league. And that's only realistic because I now have efficient enough code to simulate not just the current set of boosters I have on, but a handful of different ones.

There's also a new metric I'm trying to give. I could have reached a score of 7348 if I really wanted to.

This is how my predictions turned out:

aizen:     23.43 -> 23.19
Agent009:  23.22 -> 23.30
Adelaid:   23.2  -> 21.43
Agalloch:  23.2  -> 20.33
pwned0987: 23.15 -> 22.69
45026831:  23    -> 22.06
shade46:   22.9  -> 21.54
Takanome:  22.7  -> 22.61
Vovenok:   22    -> 20.57

Yeah, I figured a lot would be overestimates. But it's more about predicting worst-case outcomes (from my perspective), and this is just for something "fun" to show this work I did. I could have spent some more time squinting at the data and maybe gotten better estimates.

league-2022-01-06-graphs.png

league-2022-01-06-leaderboard.jpg

league-2022-01-06-scoregraph.png

• Like 8
  • Hearts 2

this league was unpredictable, but i should have trusted my tracked scores not so much give in in my fear ... anyway another top1, but with two AMEs and some refills

image.png.895afcbc0f1087eb62a0f373f1363e78.png

big surprise was suga'babe who usually cares a lot about a win.

306 players, 2cordy, 1 gin + "AMEs, lost one fight, 3 boosted opponents in the end

this week I am with @La Kajirawith her current stats, I wont have a chance ... not sure yet if I should power through to 700 to even the odds - @Rarumis also in the league; current predictions are la kajira first, rarum and me in top4

• Like 7

A bit of an unusual week for me. I'm still aiming at D2-16~30. It's easy enough (I can afford 2 days of intentional losses), so I mostly have to be careful about not fighting too hard.

However, the unusual bit is that there were only 100 points between position 30 and position 15, and I had to remain within this range. So I went from 16 to 32 to 19 to 27 to 19 again, in half a day. I finished at 19th, which is nice :) (I still haven't been able to grab the 16th place though :D ).

• Like 8

Another week in D3, started at level 441, finished at level 442. 

Here is the screenshot taken almost 2hours before the end but at least the top 4 was still the same just before the end.

Hentai_Heroes_-_2022-01-06_11_10_11.png.68af82ec9ff7c3ad15a76ff18f5e4ee3.png

Final rank: 2nd

Boosters used : 18 legendaries (1 cordycep / 2 gingseng 6 times). 3 mythic.

103/102 players -> 102/101 opponents -> 306/303 possible fights -> 303 fights performed -> 303 wins and 0 losses

As you can see, we were 103 players in the league until Wednesday 7pm UTC+1. Then, after the snapshot we were only 102 players. Of course, I didn't fight the player who disapeared. So, I had 3 fewer fights than most other players and it costed me about 63 points.
I needed only 42 points to win this league. 😭😭😭😭😭

I don't know if the first of the league had the same issue or not, so I can't be sure at 100% I would have won this league without that problem but it really let a bitter taste in the mouth.

Of course, I sent a ticket to the support at least to have a compensation concerning kobans and orbs but I don't have much hope about that.

Edit: I finally got the info the top 1 player had not fought the missing player either (thanks to shal). At least, no regrets for me, it wasn't my time to get a victory in D3.

Take care.

Edited by Tom208
  • Like 7

Another boring week in league.

As expected, Sovereign won with a lead of 79 points. Not so big as she had a much stronger team than mine and 10 lvl better. The combat would have been tighter if I had used 3 AM boosters. 

Sorry for my clubmate Poiuy who didn't managed to reach the top 4.

Congratuliations to my other clubmate @_wismer_ for his first win in D3.

102 opponents, no loss, a good average of 23,83, 1401 kokbans spent and 2 AM booster used. 

Screenshot took at 12:22 GMT+1

142969320_Captureligues..thumb.JPG.000303db26a54773d29c2c0cb39f3a25.JPG

Next week, I think I'll fight to win.

Edited by Troctout
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

And I'm honestly not sure if that top 15 was a good week or a bad one for @Xemnas, but I just wanted an excuse to salute him. Hey, dude! :) Keep rocking on.

Thank you mate, to answer your question i'm pretty happy at being in top 15. For how i play (with instinct and without the fabulous HH script) i'm pretty sure that probably i would not even deserve a spot in this top, i see how much efforts you guys put into the league (my god the graphs too now O.O wowww) so is pretty fine with me: Big Brain wins the instinct :)

I'll give my (very little and probably useless) contribution to the thread: i used 3 ginseng all the week, i was boosted all the time (1 time i was a bit late so i'm not fully convinced), no AM booster used and i lost i think 10-15 fights. 7 for sure, and 1 was exactly against you @DvDivXXX even if i'm pretty sure i was supposed to win that (that actually got me confused), probably the crits came into play.... not sure XD. Also today i got the girl.

This week my league seems hard: lots of people are way higher level than me, many have the girls at 600 (mine are still at 550 and i'm not sure if i have all the books required, probably not). If i manage to be in the top 15 here i'll be proud of myself XD

Edited by Xemnas
  • Like 5
  • Hearts 1

29 minutes ago, Xemnas said:

my god the graphs too now O.O wowww

What? Not enough graphs? Fine, then. Have one more. This graph is messy enough that it may be a one-off thing, but it shows some historical data about how I might have done against players, normalized to me having a specific set of boosters. (Well, it looks like there may have been some problem with Fri 14; I probably was still messing around with stuff.)

league-2022-01-06-predictions.png

Edited by Rarum
  • Haha 5
  • Thinking 1
  • Hearts 1

9 hours ago, Xemnas said:

even if i'm pretty sure i was supposed to win that (that actually got me confused), probably the crits came into play.... not sure XD.

You're not alone in this, trust me (and no doubt any regular in this thread experienced exactly this quite a few times over the past few months).

- Script be like "EZ PZ, brah!"
- RNG be like "Whassup, fools?" ^^
RNG be Like Whassup.png
-----

10 hours ago, Troctout said:

Screenshot took at 12:22 GMT+1

142969320_Captureligues..thumb.JPG.000303db26a54773d29c2c0cb39f3a25.JPG

What a gap between #2 and #3! :o Unless there were some serious rushes in the final half hour, that's quite something.
-----

9 hours ago, Rarum said:

league-2022-01-06-predictions.png

Dude, stop wasting your talent and open an art gallery already! I'd pay top dollar (if I had any ^^) to have this beauty on a wall in my living room. :x

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I ended up finishing 6th last week in D3, which was my best ever finish. My experiment was successful in that I learned some things.

Mostly it's got to be 3 AM boosters or just 1. 2 was the wrong number, but I started the experiment part way in, and was doing to well in real time to not take a shot at a top 4. If I had caught the right people unboosted earlier , it could've worked.

I do feel that Ic an get back to a regular top 15 using just one booster, which is okay.

• Like 5

image.png.b56cc700ea8c58ad2e0fc952f589f239.png

Attempt #15 in D3

Info: <current league> [<last league stats>] [<personal best>]

Average: 20.89  [20.28] [20.58]

Victories: 287/306 [290/306] [292/306]

Always with a mix of legendary boosters, no mythic. Another Top 15. I'm happy that I can stabilize these results without a big effort or additional koban investment. This week I skipped a few fights. The chances to score a victory were low and I didn't need the points for the ranking so I saved the necessary kobans.

• Like 7

Le 07/01/2022 à 06:24, DvDivXXX a dit :

-----

What a gap between #2 and #3! :o Unless there were some serious rushes in the final half hour, that's quite something.
-----

We were only 2 harcore gamers in this league. I knew we'll play for first place. I guess the other players preferred to save kobans.

I think Poiuy could have made a top 4 if he had invested a little more.

• Like 3

HH League Story 103 - D3 - Madame Ivanka Week 5 - Top 15 C.png

------------------
D3 run #72 2022/01/06-13
Boosters used: 3 legendaries all the time, + about half an AM booster.
102 players. 101 opponents. 303 fights. wins: 299. losses: 4.
Average: 21.78
Finished: top 15
Girl Shards: Madame Ivanka (week 5) (already completed)
Refills: 563ko

Well, I was aiming for "Top 15 and chill" this week, so ending up that close to a Top 4 wasn't a disappointment. But it was a bit surprising. The partial AM booster was a left-over from the previous week, and the few refills were to get rid of it (not too wastefully) so I could start playing KC.

Good luck have fun this week, folks. Stay safe!

• Like 9

I thought last week was a bit exceptional, with the D2-16~30 range being so tight (100 points between 15th and 30th player), but it was actually even worse this week.

I placed 16th ~30 minutes before the end of the league, and it's a good thing I checked again ~2 minutes before the end, because I was back to 31st position.

15th player was at 4397, and 30th was at 4354 (Less than 50 points difference). Fortunately, I had just enough time (and fights) to get back to 16th position a few seconds before the end of the week (4395 points). And it held :) 

But I didn't realize how competitive the 16-30 bracket was, in D2. I guess many players want to stay away from D3, while still maximizing their gains. Now I want to go to D3 to avoid this last-minute sniping :D

@JustVisitingRebornHow are you doing in D3 these days?

• Like 10

1 minute ago, holymolly said:

congratz to @Hugh Jerexion for asserting his dominance in the league 🤣

Thx.

For context:

103 players. 306 fights. wins: 306 . losses: 0 Average: 23.68 (same average as last week 😁).

3cordys all week. No AM.

I was helped by the blessings favouring Mythics on Nutaku this week.

It's going to be interesting next week when it changes to Leg/Exhibitionist to see if anyone has been saving their green gems for the 5* Legendary girls.

Good luck to all.

• Like 8