How you doing in the "League"

casey

Here is a funny screenshot from D2:

The difference between 15th and 29th is 10 points, and to 30th it was 15.

Barely ended up outside the top 15 (21st) after I stopped playing for a couple of days. Judging by @Liliat's results (who has 30-40 levels on me) I guess it was the correct decision and I will have to continue playing the cat and mouse game for at least a couple of weeks.

Boosters used: one time 2 chlorella (chlorellas? chlorellae? chlorelli?)

(Cant edit my post -.- mod plz help) Done! -FK

Untitled.png

• Haha 7

il y a 9 minutes, 430i a dit :

Barely ended up outside the top 15 (21st) after I stopped playing for a couple of days. Judging by @Liliat's results (who has 30-40 levels on me) I guess it was the correct decision and I will have to continue playing the cat and mouse game for at least a couple of weeks.

Yeah, staying in D2 is better on many aspects: it's easier to participate in XP Contests, PvP Contests, Daily Goals; you use less boosters; and in general there is no bad surprise. To be safe in D3-45, I'd say you need lvl 400 and lvl 600 girls, or level 650 girls and lvl 380, something like that. Otherwise, it will take either lots of resources (boosters, refills) or plenty of luck (easier leagues with low level players, and good blessings).

I promoted to D3 to get the Kobans boost from D2-Top15 just before this month's MD, because I was a bit short, but on the mid-term, it will actually hurt me more (I have enough Shards for Flynn to get her even from D3-Top60 so I'll stay there, but at the moment I'm getting less XP and less rewards overall, while spending more rare boosters in the process).

This week, the lowest level in my league is 362 with lvl 550 girls. A bit less scary than all the 400+ I had this past week :D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I do apologize for this week's lackluster update. Uncharacteristically I was away at reset time so the leaderboard is not very up-to-date. I still won. Also, I clearly overestimated how problem-free my data recording code now would be; I don't think even the previous problem of incorrect attribution of some fights was actually solved, and there's also a gap in data, which noticeably shows up in one of the graphs as a jump in average. To be clear, these problems only affect the stats and team composition graphs. Well, the main thing is that at least I got a cheap first place even though the presentation of that went a bit wrong.

This starting week I'll be facing off against my "mentor", @zoopokemon. And even though there certainly are other noteworthy opponents, it might finally be time for that master versus pupil showdown. We even are currently tied in the number of D3 victories, so if either of us wins this league, it'll be a bit of a double-whammy.

league-2022-02-10-graphs.png

league-2022-02-10-leaderboard.jpg

league-2022-02-10-scoregraph.png

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Liliat said:

To be safe in D3-45, I'd say you need lvl 400 and lvl 600 girls, or level 650 girls and lvl 380, something like that.

I've completed 8 full weeks in D3, starting at Lvl 363 with Lvl 550 girls. I've only missed top 45 once in the first week, and bluntly, that was due to sloppy play. I've made the top 30 three times now, including the last two weeks. 

I'm starting this week at Lvl 387 with mostly Lvl 600 girls with one or two 550s (not just main team, but alternative dominance teams as well). [I'm lying - I have a 500 3* Voyeur simply because I don't have any more 5*s to upgrade and I'm loathed to spend the gems upgrading a 3* when there should hopefully be a Mythic just around the corner].

My expectations right now would be to consistently hit top 30 from this point on. So, if you play aggressively and optimise as much as you can, your estimates may be a little on the conservative side.

EDIT - I've also found that the step-up from D2 to D3 required me to become a LOT better player. Creating strategies to identify boosted players, and the degree to which they are boosted, was a necessity. Last week I won ~78% of my challenges. I don't have the numbers to back this up, but I suspect that it would be difficult to play all your regens, win that many, and still stay outside of the top 15 in D2. So I'm actually getting more PXP in D3 than I was in D2.

EDIT 2 - I should probably say - I always use 2xCordy and a Ginseng, so I do have to spend Kobans to maintain enough Cordys for my play style.

Edited by JustVisitingReborn
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Liliat said:

Yeah, staying in D2 is better on many aspects: it's easier to participate in XP Contests, PvP Contests, Daily Goals; you use less boosters;

To be honest I dont care about most of those things - I skip a third of my fights in D2 anyway, so even with a bunch of losses in D3 the experience gap will not be that big. PvP contests - those are always paired with another goal (gain xp or donate), which make up the majority of the points. Daily Goals - there are plenty of other goals to make up for the missing points.

In my view the main benefit of staying in D2 (or an easier league in general) is the easier time during PoA (and the PvP PoV), especially if the PoA stretches over 2 League weeks. This allows me to save all my kisses from seasons and PoA and be able to get the first KC girl of the month. Another benefit, as you mentioned, is the reduced booster use, but this is rather secondary.

The main benefit of promoting is course in koban boost. However in my situation this will be minimal - 950 or so per month, assuming I consistently score in the top45. Missing top45 even once will wipe off a two thirds of that.

So for now I will stay put and will evaluate the situation in the last league of the month, also taking your and @JustVisitingReborn's reports into account, as you seem to be the ones closest to my situation :)

• Like 1

Il y a 2 heures, JustVisitingReborn a dit :

I've completed 8 full weeks in D3, starting at Lvl 363 with Lvl 550 girls. I've only missed top 45 once in the first week, and bluntly, that was due to sloppy play. I've made the top 30 three times now, including the last two weeks. 

Looking at Rarum's "Top 45" graphs for the past few weeks, Top 45 on Nutaku seems to be somewhere between 4200 and 4400 points. For me, this week on HH, it was at 5000 points. Top 30 started just below 5400 points. I don't know if I had a strong group (this week looks a bit easier), or if D3 is usually more competitive on HH than it is on Nutaku (at least in the mid-levels; I think it's pretty similar in the Top 15). We'll see.

I'll also try with better boosters (I mostly used cheap ones for the first week); see where this brings me. But compared to typical D2-Top16, this week for me was a huge gap (I played better this week than what I typically do in D2, and blessings were pretty decent too; but that wasn't enough :) ).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Liliat said:

Looking at Rarum's "Top 45" graphs for the past few weeks, Top 45 on Nutaku seems to be somewhere between 4200 and 4400 points. For me, this week on HH, it was at 5000 points. Top 30 started just below 5400 points. I don't know if I had a strong group (this week looks a bit easier), or if D3 is usually more competitive on HH than it is on Nutaku (at least in the mid-levels; I think it's pretty similar in the Top 15). We'll see.

oh, usually the competion is on nutaku way stronger, that's why even @holymollygets a win on HH from time to time (:P). But it might be different on top30-45, I rarely look at this. Overall since blessings and awakenings and the league nerfs it's even more luck depended on how you gonna place.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Liliat said:

Top 30 started just below 5400 points.

I've just looked back - the average points at #30 for the last 8 weeks have been ~5200, so maybe slightly easier. My top 30 wins each came with a point total of 5300-5400, so perhaps I'd be just slightly shy of top 30 if on HH, but still comfortably above 45.

I only recorded #45 for a couple of weeks as after that I felt comfortable that I'd always be above this.

Edited by JustVisitingReborn

Attempt #20 in D3

Info: <current league> [<last league stats>] [<personal best>]

Average: 21.59 (!)  [21.09] [21.09]

Victories: 293/300 [294/300] [294/300]

Always with a mix of legendary boosters, no mythic. Unfortunately I was busy during reset time, so no screenshot this week (current level: 434). I even forgot a fight, but who cares. I don't know my final position but it was a safe top 15. This league I spent more time trying to fight unboosted players than usual. The reward is a new personal record for my average points. Next week looks tougher with a lot more high level players. I hope I can continue with my Top 15 results.

• Like 5

Another week in D3, started at level 452, finished at level 454. 

Here is the screenshot taken 3 minutes before the end of the league.

595221565_Screenshot_20220210-125645_KiwiBrowser.jpg.c61a881a718673e9dad8ce9da3965cfa.jpg

Final rank: 1st

Boosters used : 18 legendaries (1 cordycep / 2 gingseng 5 times and 3 cordyceps once for the step 1,300 of the pantheon). 3 mythics.

101 players -> 100 opponents -> 300 possible fights -> 300 fights performed -> 300 wins and no losses

I finally got my first victory in D3 🥳

My opponents didn't probably use 3 AM boosters as I did but it's still a victory 😉

Take care.

• Like 5
  • Hearts 9

Another 1st place for a very low cost (1263 kobans).

My clubmate @test_anon was my hardest opponent with a full lvl 700 team and I knew he'll use 3 AM boosters.

I played a little bit with fire by using only 2 AM boosters (but other opponents vere globaly weak). I got unboosted many times because of my work IRL and RNG wasn't again with me this week.

So Test last only 43 points behind me. Very close but enough :)

100 opponents, no loss, 5 players fought boosted, a good average of 23,83

Screenshot taken at 12h12 GMT+1. Not many changes after.

1707457146_Captureligues..thumb.JPG.6ee25e04740f1d30847169a4da8aa8ad.JPG

Next week : some good opponents : mot_131, Nobody, Tanthalas and Darkone. I have to play seasons. So it'll be surely a top 4.

• Like 8

A bit better this week (It was also easier). 4911 vs 4782 previously, 41st vs 48th previously, 15 fights left. Top 30 was at >5250 points, so out of reach even with a refill.

I used 1 Ginseng + 2 Cordys half of the week, 1 Ginseng + 2 Chlorellas the rest of the time (2 Cordys is not sustainable)

top45.thumb.png.5cda79e21a397d3aa6d629652adfa0c0.png

• Like 9

You would think I would be happy with a 3rd place win in my D3 this week. But the truth is I could have done much better if I hadn't made a couple of bone-headed mistakes. The good news is I won't make those mistakes again 😃 I started at level 452 and finished at level 455.

image.png.82fe83893ef9e05e2fe84a79cfe8defc.png

Edited by Pelinor
  • Like 8

Another top 1. Maybe a bit more expensive than I'd have liked (not the worst it could have been still), but that might have been because I expected Xiarros to do better than that. A final average of 23.23, really? I know you can do better than that, and I thought the scores I tracked for you suggested a better average. Did you leave some fights unfought? Okay, I suppose Xiarros still did end up in the fourth place. No use fighting wars you can't win.

Also while I kind of hyped the master versus pupil aspect of this week, @zoopokemon didn't really want to fight me for the scraps that are the top 1 rewards nowadays. In fact, they told me:

Well this is the first time since the week of 7/22/2021-7/28/2021 I'll be ending at just T15

The best I think I could have done in this league is 7183 points. Maybe there was a bit of misplaying, but also not that many opponents.

league-2022-02-17-graphs.png

league-2022-02-17-leaderboard.jpg

league-2022-02-17-scoregraph.png

• Like 9

HH League Story 108 - D3 - Treasure Flynn Week 4 - Top 4 maybe surely hopefully F.png

------------------
D3 run #77 2022/02/10-17
Boosters used: 3 legendaries all the time, 1 AM booster.
101 players. 100 opponents. 300 fights. wins: 300. losses: 0.
Average: 23.18
Finished: Top 4
Girl Shards: Treasure Flynn (week 4) (already grabbed)
Refills: 3x188kos 179kos 177kos 167kos 127kos 75kos

Another Top 4, relatively effortless (albeit costly). My day one predictions turned out right (Joe, Geek, myself and a lucky 4th from the post-gap group). I didn't expect Geek to come that close to Joe, though (hope this held for @Ol Sheriff Joe, I didn't follow the final minute; congrats to both for their very high scores). We have multiple gaps, this time: almost 250 pts between #2 and #3, then almost 300 pts between #3 and #4, and then well over 200 pts between #4 and #5. I'm just glad I grabbed another Top 4 and didn't miss out on any XP after all. :) 

Anyways, I've used so many refills for two reasons, first and foremost to bank as much as possible before the switch from last week's favorable Blessings to this week's not so great Blessings (for me), and then also to secure the girl on the extra Valentine LC Day 1.

Since the Blessings RNG machine seems to be on quite a roll on HH with now four weeks in a row including a Blessed Element, and next week's will be even worse (way, way worse) for me than even the current one (three blessed Mythics I don't have, including a double-blessed one, and then a long list of mostly Yellow Element 5-stars I haven't leveled up quite yet and don't really want to...) I'm guessing I'm not done having to juggle with refills to ensure I play most of my fights without too big of a handicap. Rush again for this new league (should help for LC proper at least), and then hold until the next Blessings switch for the league after that (fingers crossed that the downward spiral of worse and worse Elements getting Blessed stops eventually ^^).

Good luck have fun this week, folks. Stay safe!

• Like 9

good, but close call this week. Decided to trust the data and hence not using any AME.

image.png.5497ba4e60a005d073802ded37e7e0c5.png

fought 2 people boosted, 1 ginseng 2 cordy no AME, 300 fights all won, my expected average was 0,04 better than i scored in the end. I did some refills on blessing change though.

Surprising result from sung jin-woo; data suggested he wont use AME (anymore), but this was out of order.

I tracked the three players I thought could beat me, but it want close,

braldu had 4 more fights left, then I thought

sung had 21 fights less than I thought

cato had 6 fights less than i thought

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

Edit: Oh boy, this was actually posted in the LAA (League Addicts Anonymous) thread? I thought this was a Chit Chat post! ^^ I've been off the forum yesterday, 30+ notifications and a bunch of tabs open right now... My weekly update coming soon.

i was wondering when a mod would delete/move this spam. Just go ahed, holymolly had it coming.

Edited by blaa
  • Like 8

27 minutes ago, blaa said:

i was wondering when a mod would delete/move this spam. Just go ahed, holymolly had it coming.

Agreed. I've done a bit of clean up to keep the sanctity of this place so us League Addicts can share about our addiction without too much disturbance. Aforementioned post and a bunch of other personal one-liner jokes moved to Chit Chat for those interested. :) 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

image.png.0c5e807d0a9f9bc53e2009a70d2170ad.png

Attempt #21 in D3

Info: <current league> [<last league stats>] [<personal best>]

Average: 22.16 (!)  [21.59] [21.59]

Victories: 297/300 (!) [293/300] [294/300]

Always with a mix of legendary boosters, no mythic. Another Top 15 which was easy to achieve. I didn't expect that because of many high level players. To my surprise it was even close for a Top 4. It was probably doable with mythic boosters and taking a bit more care on my fights. Nevertheless I'm pretty happy with the result. My personal best in all statistics.

• Like 10

Another week in D3, started at level 454, finished at level 456. 

Here is the screenshot taken 8 minutes before the end of the league.

Screenshot_20220217-125153_Kiwi_Browser.jpg.1672b9414df62dcb53e887bdd69afe9e.jpg

Final rank: 1st

Boosters used : 18 legendaries (1 cordycep / 2 gingseng 6 times). No mythics.

101 players -> 100 opponents -> 300 possible fights -> 300 fights performed -> 300 wins and no losses

As usual, no mythic boosters used means no top 4. But this time it means a top 1 🤪

So, apparently, nobody used mythic boosters in this league. I take it 😊

Take care.

Edited by Tom208
  • Like 10
  • Surprised :O 2

1rst again and moreover first time I win against mot_131 🥂

That was close because I made some mistakes (fights with full mono equipements, being unboosted some times).

I couldn't catch Nobody unboosted and he finished with a full blessed lvl 700 team. So I feared some loss.

I used 2,2 AM bosters and spent 2231 kobans.

100 opponents, no loss, an average of 23,81 screenshot taken at 12:20 GMT+1

1925165998_Captureligues..thumb.JPG.06f5ce9e97f99e10b89343c1e6f38f73.JPG

Next week, 1rst place seems reachable but I'm very late on seasons. So I'll can't use many AM boosters.

Next blessings aren't good for me :(

Have a nice week and good play :)

Edited by Troctout
  • Like 9

Yay, progress! (Tiny little bit :D )

league-top30-2.thumb.png.d1f636424d1ba10c5b2e391e2fb878d3.png

101 Players, 300 possible fights, 293 fights done, 17.03 average (Lots of room for improvement here! :) )

+80 points compared to previous league (Slow and steady!).

I'm getting close-ish to lvl 650 Awakening, but it will still take a few weeks (mid- to end of March). Lvl 400 should also happen end of March (Hopefully just after the Legendary Contests :D And after Mythic Contests as well).

• Like 4