• Yummy
    • Meh
    • Yucky

il y a une heure, Ravi-Sama a dit :

These two chlorella,

added to two-ninety bowls,

organic seaweed.

A haiku. 🥬

If you're not doing anything with those, I have this pet project where I'm trying to terraform Mars.

Your chlorellas, added to my 490+, would advance this greatly !

My humble thanks in advance ! 💚

😁

Edited by Gartalgar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Gartalgar said:

I have this pet project where I'm trying to terraform Mars.

I assume you've seen The Martian (2015).  I love that movie.

1300938569_themartianchlorella.png.66cf249dba0ff3c4675fad6dbba49f9d.png

Normal price $2, wtf.  No one takes that seriously.

Edited by Ravi-Sama
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Two FULL Chlorellas today! Don't miss out! This is almost as generous as the jujubes and cinnamon on the reward track itself... ¬¬

They will sell well with my other 424 chlorellas...

On CxH at least we got 2 cordyceps equivalent 🙄

8 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

those legacy stashes from ye olde 2016-18 veterans should be slowly but surely going down

They are :P 

• Like 1
  • Surprised :O 1

Il y a 2 heures, Ravi-Sama a dit :

I assume you've seen The Martian (2015).  I love that movie.

Nice image !

I was thinking more about the board game called Terraforming Mars which I played recently, even if I have indeed seen (and appreciated) The Martian.

• Surprised :O 1

8 minutes ago, Master-17 said:

With the profit received from the sale, it's like throwing it away)

There's a task called "Sell Items" (used in various contests, daily goals etc.). Shitty boosters do count for that (which is much better value than a good end-game player can extract out of them by either using them or selling them out of turn just for the Ymens). :ph34r:💢

• Like 2

il y a 2 minutes, FinderKeeper a dit :

There was an update on Golden Anniversary feedback. Kind of.

I can't even imagine what Noacc took into the face after saying that. :d 

The worst part is that i believe we all already knew it, but were waiting for something anyway

• Like 5

Thanks for the update (confirmation that we won't get a statement is still better than no statement without making it clear there won't be one).

So yeah, as I anticipated and elaborated upon a few pages back, nothing will really move, at least not in a big way, until Rosso's data analyst presents the event's alleged revenue once it's over. Fingers crossed that the results are strong enough as to not be mistaken by either of them as anything other than "no thanks".

Then, we'll get a statement. Whether it will be the announcement of a proper business and design decision based on facts and how the player base actually reacted to this cashgrab attempt or a personal and emotional tantrum based on whichever other aspect of the game ends up being the scapegoat for this failure... We'll see. Not holding my breath based on their history with this sort of things.

• Like 5

Almost one third (9/30 days) of the golden anniversary has passed.

After seeing how things have developed, the free daily rewards we have received, the bundles offered, and how much I have advanced in the event for the different games I play, I am going to make some guesses:

Kinkoid have two objectives with this event: Main one is getting more money during their aniversary month (remember what they said last year in the Q&A session), but at the same time they have a secondary objective of not make their player base too angry by making too hard or costly to get the girls in the anniversary.

- Players will reach the first girl without problems even without spending kobans or money in bundles if they play  regularly.

- We will receive a few more free crystals with the daily anniversary gifts, allowing good players (the ones that regularly win most of their league and season battles) to reach the second girl easily without spending real money, just by buying one or the two koban cards.

- I bet there will be a new crystal bundle buyable with kobans in the second half of the event (I know this is a wild especulation but I always hope for the best) that will allow F2P players to reach the third girl if they play really good and hard, or with the real money card and/or bundles if they cannot make so many wins in PvP.

- The last girl will be paywalled for real money spenders only. There will be some more payed bundles to assure that result for poor PvP or relatively new players if they are willing to spend enough money.

I don't expect changes in the crystals received in gameplay (villains, PvP and daily goals) because that would mean recognizing the event was badly designed, but I am sure there will be more crystals for us, some free, some traded for kobans and some for real money.

• Like 3

Il y a 3 heures, DvDivXXX a dit :

Then, we'll get a statement. Whether it will be the announcement of a proper business and design decision based on facts and how the player base actually reacted to this cashgrab attempt or a personal and emotional tantrum based on whichever other aspect of the game ends up being the scapegoat for this failure...

I don't really what could take the blame there tbh.

Let's get real. What could possibly take the blame (first) and what could be linked in anyway to this event (second)? 

Anniversary event: It could be one. It was too "Generous", and had too many option. Player decided to pay for it at the start of the month, and didn't have any money left. It could be one blame. I can "Somewhat" link it to Golden anniversary, but that's a stretch, and since the reason would be "They didn't buy because they already bought" it wouldn't be a good scaping goat.

Dailys: Since player have extra stuff like Combativity/xp/gxp/Aff they didn't spent on the Golden. I guess it coulb be a Goat. It would depend on the resultats of the anniversary (how many got to a girl? To which one? What was spent?) Still a big stretch but... Ok

MDR: If Bunna Worked too well, and People paid a bunch, they wouldn't spend on Golden. Same argument as Anniversary however.

I don't really see what could be a scapegoat there, honestly

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jelom said:

- Players will reach the first girl without problems even without spending kobans or money in bundles if they play  regularly.

I'm not sure that's really true for players away from the late game. Including all regen + freely obtainable stuff from the various paths + the free crystal gifts (of which the one for 1000 crystals was seemingly an unintended error...), the theoretical maximum for a free player is around 7000 now. That sounds like it's well beyond the 4600 needed for the first girl, but most mid-level players are heavily restricted in how many league and season battles they can win, so they won't get anywhere near the maximum.

And that's just HH. From what I can tell second-hand, crystals from gameplay are harder to come by for most players in Comix Harem (which also didn't get the 1000 freebie), but the first girl is at 4600 there all the same. In short, it sure doesn't feel like there was any sort of coherent "players of this type should by able to reach this target, players of that type should be able to reach that target, etc." outline to the event. Outside of "getting all four girls shall require megabucks", of course.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Boulie2 said:

I don't really see what could be a scapegoat there, honestly

A scapegoat doesn't need to be and rarely is a credible culprit. Someone in charge just needs to yell loud and long enough while pointing at it. Pick up any History book to verify that. Or, you know, any Rosso statement about Dating Tokens and how that  feature was the root of all evil according to him because a select few mega-whales were apparently able to farm DTs, even though 99%+ of players could barely gather enough to complete one girl every other month (and only ones they already had a lot of shards for, and most definitely never a Mythic)...

So yeah, trying to guess is a moot point (and if he actually read the forum, it might even be risky ^^). Please don't do that. Let's hope for the less likely outcome that he'll admit the mistake and move away from desperate predatory practices as a means to make the game more profitable. And hopefully focus on improving existing content and producing a little less of a mountain of new content after that, to make the game more enjoyable, and thus more profitable.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

...Rosso statement about Dating Tokens and how that  feature was the root of all evil according to him because a select few mega-whales were apparently able to farm DTs, even though 99%+ of players could barely gather enough to complete one girl every other month (and only ones they already had a lot of shards for, and most definitely never a Mythic)...

Dating Tokens were introduced a little over a year ago in April 2021, and I think they lasted until Oct 2021.  I took note that you'd need 6000 DTs to get a mythic girl.  Even if the feature was never removed, I seriously doubt that I'd be able to get a mythic girl.  They wouldn't have helped me get any girl I didn't already have shards for, like the $5 paywalled Penny, PoA girls, Golden Anni, Aquarius (Pantheon), pachinko exclusives etc.  It wasn't a broken feature at all.  It provided the hope to one day get the fave waifu you failed to get.  Any time it's brought up, I get reminded that it was selfishly removed.  We got some advance notice that the ones we saved up were going to become useless.  I think the best girl I ended up using them for was R5 - Justine, w/ ~450 DTs for 75 shards.  If I had a whole year to save up, the most I'd be able to get would've probably been some L5 from an LD for < 1500 DTs, like Trixie or Norou.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 ore fa, DvDivXXX ha scritto:

So yeah, trying to guess is a moot point (and if he actually read the forum, it might even be risky ^^). Please don't do that. 

Damned dating tokens. They were so excessively good that, even though they're not in game anymore, they managed to ruin yet another anniversary sales...

Edited by Antimon
  • Haha 6

The worst part about DT isn't that they were "too good". The real problem with them is that they were "balanced". A small buff to prevent frustration for a lot of players (No longer "Damn, I'm at 90/100 shards and forgot to log in before the end of the event!!!!!!!!!!!!! 👿👿")

DT were scarce, difficult to obtain (you had to spend more kobans to get more tokens), and you could only use them to get a few shards to complete a girl (Trying to buy 99 shards of a mythic, legendary or even epic girl was out of question. Even for rare/common, it would take a few months of saving).

So, of course, a perfectly balanced feature that makes players happy, KK wouldn't have any of it

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Exactly. If DTs actually had anything to do with the game not being as profitable as Rosso wanted it to be, then their removal would have increased the game's income by now. And we wouldn't see a desperate move into P2W territory like this Seasonal Event format, explicitly introduced to increase income. If anything, removing DTs made the game less fun, less flexible for casuals, and might have decreased Kinkoid's income by pissing off a large part of the player base and even making a number or regulars quit the game.

A game's economy, both internal and external, is a lot like a "real" economy. You can't and shouldn't pinpoint a single thing's impact in either direction without taking the big picture into account. Unfortunately, we've seen exactly that time and time again IRL ("people are out of a job because we're not competitive enough, let's decrease taxes for billion-dollar companies and we'll magically create new jobs, and unicorns will spontaneously appear in the process"), so it's not that surprising that we see it in smaller scales like this particular game. At a fundamental level, it's the same mistake. Missing the forest for the trees.

The big picture in HH's economy is mostly made of tons of literal smaller pictures. Rosso mentioned multiple times the high costs of paying artists to create so much new content every month. Well, instead of trying to make players pay for that directly, maybe reducing the ever-accelerating pace of new events and features might be a more viable solution to increase income? Especially considering more and more players are overwhelmed by the amount of new content and can't keep up the pace with all the simultaneous events. I even suspect that new features are added just for the sake of being added, to "keep up with the competition" as Rosso also said. Which contradicts another and more sensible statement he himself also made: this game is unique even in its own niche (aside from the countless clones slash reskins they put out, ofc). If it's unique, maybe it should set its own unique pace rather than constantly emulating other, weaker games' short-term strategies...

And so on. I'm not at that table (unfortunately?). :ph34r:🚬

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

• holymolly changed the title to [ 20-Jul-22 ] Golden Anniversary - Discussion