Hero Levels 501 -> 1,000 & New Mythic Boosters/Slots

bolitho76

Il y a 3 heures, memyself393 a dit :

I skimmed through the comments to this point and if someone mentioned this I missed it...

When you look at the equipment in your inventory the stats are all white/neutral; there is no longer the red/green highlights showing whether the equipment hurts/helps the stats.

Yes, it's the first thing i've see this morning, when checking my equipment.

No more comparaison stats.

I'm more and more tired of this game. Many weekly games require too much management, like the one running now, and there is one even much worst with micromanagement (do 5 mission, win 5 league, in "ramdom" order unnatural to force you to pay to change the mission to earn pts) i really hate it. This take me too much time each morning, it's not fun.  And the pay-to-win formula got even worst this morning. Each month, i'm ready to drop all Kinkoid games (HH, PH, CH, PSH), but i wait.

Maybe this will be the last...tired of all this, and i will finally did it, and stop completly.

I'm losing too much energy with all these nonsence (except for their wallet)...

• Like 2
  • Hug 1

57 minutes ago, lainn said:

However from a psychological standpoint, this update brings a bit of sorrow as the new cap is very high, and with a similar progress for everyone, if some player has 30 lvls over you now, they will still have it +\-1 lvl in future,

Thank you for pointing out the worst part of these changes. With linear progress instead of exponential, no one has a chance to ever catch up. I am now level 530, about 90 levels behind the top players, I will never be competitive again.

When everyone hit level 500 in the last few months, the league balance was a green field, now it has shifted back in favor of the veterans.

• Like 1
  • Hug 2

Yeah, they could/should have split the level gap increase into several instances, say 100 level at the time. Then disadvantage would start from 100 levels and would start to decrease until the next bump. Now the disadvantage lasts in practice forever. 

• Like 1

1 ora fa, bolitho76 ha scritto:

For example:

image.thumb.png.324974c4097aa23e93cd81bdbb4743cb.png

Yes, it's fuck 'em players, but not because they don't scale, it's because they scale. Have a look at the required strength!

And with a recent Team power cap increase to permit a 6 hours duration on top of that absurd scaling.

Seriously guys, the features added/modified in these past few months (maybe this year, locating the starting point of this madness with the very first SE during last year anniversary) scream to me "for the sake of the last speck of your sanity, quit the game", louder and louder.  

Can we let Rosso know that, in case he's tired of being KK's big boss, there are better and more dignified ways to shut down the studio than forcing the playerbase to run for their lives?

Edited by Antimon
  • Like 3

Redbeard, it seems that you've skimmed trough my comment. What I wanted to say is as follows:

A) You are not a dedicated player and you play sloppy. You don't change teams on occasion, use better or the best boosters and catch people unboosted, etc etc. In that case your 30 level advantage will not help you, so no change for the better will occur for this kind of player unless they decide to improve.

B) You are a dedicated player. In case you are fighting against a comparable enthusiast, but now you have the new level gap, indeed, you will essentially win everytime, every week. But if you are that kind of player, it is likely you have had already won a numerous times before, which explains why I think this advantage is not a necessity for you.

The only people that will apreciate this change are true hardcore p2w crowd, who at the same time happen to be veterans of the oldest times, playing actively since 2016 and a very few from 2017. I'd argue there are no more than 50 guys like that on Nutaku.

And IMO you shouldn't compare the current League against the old discrete win \ loss speedrun League. Only then the highest leveled player with the auto fight thingie had a unilateral advantage against everyone else, except maybe an another player of same caliber and toolkit.

2 other things I'd like to point out (one I think I'll outright report as I really don't think it's intended):

1. Funnily enough, there was a short exchange of comments just a couple days ago about how Ymens are supposedly still in surplus according to some players, whereas I was still a long way from fully recovering from all the extra Ymen sinks and the reduced income through the various changes this year (as I think is the case of many if not most regular non-whales). Now on top of needing to burn large amounts for tasks from stuff like PoA, and using tons to upgrade every single MG piece, and soon-ish MGE as well (once I maybe start getting enough pieces)... we also have millions to spend to catch up and then keep up on our Hero stats.

And the price per stat keeps rising, it reached close to 5M for +30 before I've maxed out my new level 564. Just imagine the cost when we'll get hundreds of levels higher...

2. Speaking of Ymens (and this is the one I'm reasonably hopeful might get fixed): the Ymen cost for a basic GPx10 (when you're out of orbs) also keeps rising with each extra level, and not by a little bit. It used to be just about 33.33M at level 500. I'm "just" 64 levels higher, now and it's already more than doubled:
    image.png
    I do hope Kinkoid just didn't consider this, and they'll be okay to cap it at what it was at level 500. After all, the items we get from it are still capped at level 500, so there's no reason they should start costing a lot more just because the Hero cap has been doubled.
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Surprised :O 1

6 minuti fa, DvDivXXX ha scritto:
  1. Speaking of Ymens (and this is the one I'm reasonably hopeful might get fixed): the Ymen cost for a basic GPx10 (when you're out of orbs) also keeps rising with each extra level, and not by a little bit. It used to be just about 33.33M at level 500. I'm "just" 64 levels higher, now and it's already more than doubled:
    image.png
    I do hope Kinkoid just didn't consider this, and they'll be okay to cap it at what it was at level 500. After all, the items we get from it are still capped at level 500, so there's no reason they should start costing a lot more just because the Hero cap has been doubled.

This has to be not intended. It would be an incredible new layer of nonsense, even for them.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lainn said:

Redbeard, it seems that you've skimmed trough my comment. What I wanted to say is as follows:

A) You are not a dedicated player and you play sloppy. You don't change teams on occasion, use better or the best boosters and catch people unboosted, etc etc. In that case your 30 level advantage will not help you, so no change for the better will occur for this kind of player unless they decide to improve.

B) You are a dedicated player. In case you are fighting against a comparable enthusiast, but now you have the new level gap, indeed, you will essentially win everytime, every week. But if you are that kind of player, it is likely you have had already won a numerous times before, which explains why I think this advantage is not a necessity for you.

The only people that will apreciate this change are true hardcore p2w crowd, who at the same time happen to be veterans of the oldest times, playing actively since 2016 and a very few from 2017. I'd argue there are no more than 50 guys like that on Nutaku.

And IMO you shouldn't compare the current League against the old discrete win \ loss speedrun League. Only then the highest leveled player with the auto fight thingie had a unilateral advantage against everyone else, except maybe an another player of same caliber and toolkit.

I am actually in between A and B.  I won at every level before D3 and lost enthusiasm with many of the recent changes.  I have only won D3 once.  Top 4 many, many times and almost every week in the top 15.  Therefore I am not really hardcore but, not sloppy either. I know the tricks and strategy  Although, I have little motivation to finish this week.  I know of one top league player in my club who is close to quitting as he will know be permanently at a disadvantage to the older players.

Like I said before using boosters will help you but, not against the top players who do the same thing.  Only they now have a permanent power advantage because of level.  I am not saying someone of a lower level cannot win it just becomes much more difficult at the top level.  Say an older play who has 30 level power difference between you Lets say this  gives them  an average of 1 point extra per 3 fights not much right?  That is actually a 100 point advantage the lower level player needs to make up with gameplay, gear etc... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

Funnily enough, there was a short exchange of comments just a couple days ago about how Ymens are supposedly still in surplus according to some players, whereas I was still a long way from fully recovering from all the extra Ymen sinks and the reduced income through the various changes this year (as I think is the case of many if not most regular non-whales)

Yeah, I'm still in excess. I'm currently sitting at 10 billion ymens in reserve. 

There's an easy explanation for this, though. When the equipment sell price changed, I had roughly 10 million ymens in reserve. I'm basically still riding on my excessive reserves from before the change was made. I dipped down to a low of about 5 million, but have since built back up to where I was. I think what we're seeing is just the echoes of where everyone was standing when that change landed. If you had a massive reserve, you were able to weather the years of ymen sinks no problem. If you didn't... you're probably only just recovering from the years of ymen sinks.

• Like 1

And now for some intermission of all this seriousness, I proudly present one of the new built in bugs.
Put it in a little search game called "Find the mistake". 😁

image.thumb.png.333bb99f6860b8f31a0ae5560a10b736.png

And no, it doesn't go to normal after refreshing.

Spoiler

It is from TransPSH and there is currently no PoP.
And although there is one champion, it seems there isn't a corresponding Booster.

Spoiler

Special Question for the Jackpot:
If I'd claim 180 now (wich I can't because it shows stuff of the paid Path)(but assumed I pay for it), would I get the missing Boosters later, if they implement those stuff, or are they lost for ever?

Ok Folks, Intermission is over, please continue mangling those awesome new features.
*gets a new bag of Popcorn and a refill of the XXL Softdrink*

Edited by Der DinX
  • Haha 1
  • Hearts 1

12 minutes ago, Der DinX said:

Ok Folks, Intermission is over, please continue mangling those awesome new features.

*gets a new bag of Popcorn and a refill of the XXL Softdrink*

It's a bit like watching a train or car wreck, isn't it? It's horrible, and yet you can't look away. :D

• Haha 1

OK. some info from Nutaku: I've found about 2-3 players at 609 lvl it's highest lvls at this moment. And those who are above level 600 are at most a dozen

I was sure that I would not be lifted very high, because when I got to level 500, there were already many other players who hit this ceiling. However, I was wrong. I'm currently level 574 and I'm in the top 7 by level in my current D3 league. I'm completely f2p and it took me less than 6 years to level up to this level

1.jpg.cb4f84baa4d05c0086398154d18c3ff0.jpg

And yes, I now have 5.75 billion ymens and an incalculable amount of equipment :)

One more thing about boosters: thanks to the huge amount of EO and MO, I managed to accumulate a large enough number of boosters that I didn’t have to worry about using them.

2.jpg.83f38b6c4f37fab79dee3e54262e6ddb.jpg

The only problem is not a very large amount of cordyceps, which makes them save and use about half a week. So the current optimal scheme for boosters is as follows:

3.jpg.a02ead83889f207033c4945bd29b2bc3.jpg

And in the second half of the week we replace cordyceps with chlorella. I've been playing with this booster scheme for more than a year without problems, consistently getting into the top 15 of the D3 league.

Edited by Master-17
Some more info
  • Like 1
  • GG 1

il y a 52 minutes, Attirm a dit :

I think what we're seeing is just the echoes of where everyone was standing when that change landed. If you had a massive reserve, you were able to weather the years of ymen sinks no problem. If you didn't... you're probably only just recovering from the years of ymen sinks.

Idk what you guys are doing with your Ymen. I started at around 500 Millions, I'm now at 10 Billions.

Although it's probably worth noting I only participate in cheap spend-cash contests (200-300M), and I don't refresh the shop, so I'm limited in terms of girls to upgrade (and even when I refresh the shop, I focus on books and not gifts).

Upgrading all girls is pretty expensive, but according to HH++, I could afford it and still have a few spare Billions, as it would cost me ~7B (And an infinity of Kobans in market refresh):

image.png.fbf8c12e8bd0668d6e41e79214fec742.png

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

7 hours ago, Inuzuka said:

the original level cap was level 40, not level 300. It was raised a few weeks after I started playing. It went straight from level 40 to level 400, it was never level 300.

Thanks @Inuzuka, my memory betrayed me after so many years.

5 hours ago, Redbeard said:

You will remain 30,60,90,100 levels behind for all eternity. 

The fact that the progression is exponential (albeit flatter than before) means that people will slowly close the gap with higher level players.

5 hours ago, Gotaku said:

Don't forget that the f2p economy now essentially gets ruined. Because 4(+) boosters will now be standard, the extra cost to maintain these properly will rise, while the profits from league will relatively be lower or even non existant (with Whales now automatically taking Top 4s and Top 15s becoming overly expensive because of players who dont watch their koban balance).

Yas, economy of the game has been screwed in many ways, not only in leagues because of the 4th booster slot (i will use ginseng or even chlorella for that slot), but also in PoP as bolitho image shows, reducing your resource income, in PoA the ymen tasks have now also scaled with my new level, as it has done the market prices. In sum: less income, more spending.

5 hours ago, Magic1986 said:

i mfull convinced that they already decided to raise the gril cap to 800 or 850.

Why stopping at 850, If KK raise girl level cap it will be to 1000. another nightmare screwing the economy.

But the worst consecuence of these wonderful updates is that another batch of veteran players will leave the game.

After every great change in the game I try to adapt and reach an equilibrium state and enjoy the game again, but I feel as if Kinkoid is trying more and more to put me off-balance and make me angry to force me to quit the game.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Hug 3

Now that Kinkoid has done the damage he can partially fix it like this:

1) Raise Alban's Travel Memories to +50% up to level 600
2) Fix the block of equipment growth beyond 500
3) Increase the weight of Mythic equipment for the hero and girls and boosters compared to the level advantage

As well as now many will leave the game.

• Thinking 1

8 ore fa, Miccia ha scritto:

Now that Kinkoid has done the damage he can partially fix it like this:

1) Raise Alban's Travel Memories to +50% up to level 600
2) Fix the block of equipment growth beyond 500
3) Increase the weight of Mythic equipment for the hero and girls and boosters compared to the level advantage

As well as now many will leave the game.

Equipments already stop growing (in stats and selling price) at level 500. Visually they keep growing following your level, true, but a lv 600 rainbow legendary equip is perfectly equivalent to a lv 500 rainbow legendary equipment.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by your third point

Edited by Antimon
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Master-17 said:

it took me less than 6 years to level up to this level

^^ Haha. Comic gold right here, thank you for this. To be fair, you seem to have either taken long breaks or played pretty casually for a long time (the latter seems to match perfectly with your booster stock and usage). I've started 2.5 years after you but I'm only 10 levels behind you with this update.

To each their own, but those hundreds of jujubes and 1.4k chlores would just be that many points for all the "sell items" tasks in my hands. And yeah, cordys (and jujubes) are very rare compared to gins (and chlores). And cordys are by far the best booster (after the mid game). It's pretty telling that even someone hoarding all boosters of all types as you seem to be doing only has 50-ish cordys vs hundreds or more of everything else (you'd probably have a bit more cordys than jujubes if you didn't use them regularly, as the jujube drop rate is thankfully even lower).

Your setting seems fine for a permanent "top 15 and chill" strat. Well, at least up until now (and you're showing 4 boosters, but I imagine before this patch you were using 1 of each type?). This first week will tell us a bit more about just how much the new old meta gets warped around the new unfair advantages. But top 15 should still be pretty chill, so I wouldn't worry too much for that goal.

For top 4, let alone a win though (and for some Season fights and in other circumstances), this would absolutely not work. 2 chlorellas might look like you're doing something, but these slots might just as well be empty. I still regularly encounter players with a full set of chlorellas equipped, presumably thinking that's their "defense setup". The results against someone with 3 chlorellas have never varied much for me compared to against an outright unboosted opponent. I don't foresee this changing with a 4th one. And it doesn't help much if at all when you're attacking either. To me, leaving these slots empty would be a better strat, as you'd be able to add good boosters when/if needed. I'm guessing that having a ton of  them and these slots empty must prompt a kneejerk "oh well, might as well use them" reaction, which I can totally understand. But wherever someone uses a chlore, replacing it with a gin would always be the best move, imho.

I'm using nothing but gins and cordys ever for my regular boosters, and as much as cordys are a pain and often a steep cost to keep flowing, gins still show no signs of depleting anytime soon:

image.png

(I have an empty slot right now as I'm waiting for my obsolete 3-booster setup to expire so I can have a clean 4-booster setup synchronized from now on. Also the 3  shitty mythic boosters and the now probably obsolete Headband since I've finished Pantheon came from the Hero Pass thing. I'm keeping them for now, though I don't expect to ever use them. ^^).

----------

19 hours ago, Liliat said:

Idk what you guys are doing with your Ymen. I started at around 500 Millions, I'm now at 10 Billions.

Upgraded all of my 1400+ girls, which includes most mythics and L5s in the game by now. Upgraded a bunch of MG pieces (still doing that whenever I get an upgrade or a good alternate pick). Been buying every Book and Gift every Market refresh for years and regularly doing 10-20 market refreshes in a row when I badly need one or the other. Regularly had to burn away large amounts on stuff I didn't need just to complete "spend cash" tasks. Been keeping almost all epic-rarity equipment pieces to use as fodder to upgrade MG pieces since that became a thing, only selling legendaries and rares (I've estimated that epics give me the best value for upgrading MG pieces, but the other two rarities give me more value in cash). Stopped having any patience left for regular champion runs and/or collecting cash from the harem a long time ago. Will soon-ish have to start spending on MGE pieces as well (no direct impact yet, but I'd like to budget for that too).

OH, and I had a very small stash of Ymens but a big stash of equipment when the nerf to equipment selling price hit us, because of course I did. Which seems to be the biggest variable between players who don't feel a shortage and players who struggle with Ymens still.

Last but not least, I've just had to sell a crap ton of stuff yesterday just to buy my new stats for the 64 levels I took. I'm at 71 millions right now (not billions, millions).

So yeah, I don't know what you're not doing with your Ymens, or what mysterious extra source you're getting them from compared to me, but I'm starving for them most of the time and it's been the case ever since the nerf and even more so since they started throwing more and more Ymen sinks in more and more aspects of the game. If you have a secret, I'm all ears. ^^

------

13 hours ago, garadron said:

@DvDivXXXI'm afraid to ask how much your tier 22 in the running PoA costs now

Thankfully, I wouldn't know as I was already at tier 25 when the patch went live. But yeah, it's scary too and now that it's been mentioned, I'll bring it up to Kinkoid along with the GP prices. It makes no sense to increase Ymen costs exponentially when our income is constant and too low (for many of us) to begin with.

• Like 2

I have sometimes seen players well lower lvl 500 gain decent places in the leagues that I have been part of, so I believe somebody dedicated can still do very well even today. Unless you see a lvl 600 opponent with a penchant for destruction in their profile history :/

Now these are the very few that will truly like their new open season as I mean it. Because why not have an easier challenge if you are getting it like a gift, for free? I don't know how many of this kind are on hh.com, but as I've looked into the testimonials of people playing there, it seems to be that largely d3's are a bit less competitive, possibly due to the fact there are more people playing, and you might wind up in an league without major opponents more often than on nutaku. Even here you can find yourself in a table having no particularly remarkable players and you can't help but win the first place.

But otherwise everybody except those few are going to be either angry and disappointed, if they were competitive runner-ups like you, or, in majority, mostly uncaring about the change. Some higher-level players, as you know, even now, will not attempt to achieve their best since they just don't care much. I am personally half like this, because to this day I find the profits nerf killed most of the joy of participating with dedication in the league. It was quite entertaining to be able to actually earn and hoard kobans but now, unless one has went to great lengths to stack them in the past, you either win d3 every week or steadily lose your stash, or otherwise you can't help but have to choose to discard getting some recruits, particularly the ugly expensive seasonal event ones. I have had to pay in excess of 5-6k (large) kobans to get the last girl or, well, at times a bit less, like when we had some gift points or lower thresholds, nevertheless I am now starting to feel a strain on my koban chest too. And yet winning d3 compared to a top4 finish will only give me a spare change, then how difficult is it for people without savings? What did the league nerf do except deny the questionable joy for some higher-ups to go down and eff up the poor folk in the lower leagues? In my personal experience (and please mind I have not been dropping to d2) no drastic change happened at all, I've seen some not just dropping their league but dropping the game altogether, but today I still see largely same faces occuping same places. We ought to ask the "man" to make league rewards great again, but that is not going to happen. *Imagine the KK CEO, heavily breathing and flustered* "People are getting the last girl in SE, and without paying?? Hell no!"

• uwu 1

Before the change, sometime i was lucky to be in the top 15th (finishing between 12th-18th usually), last league (D3), but this won't happen anymore. In my league, right now, 4 players have more than 30 levels higher than me, and 16th have more than 20, and 33 have a level higher than me. I'm not even sure to be in the top 30 anymore. I will surely lose more than 2000 kobans each month, in the league (if i decide to stay when my monthly card finish).

Edited by spacedragon64
  • Hug 1

• Ravi-Sama changed the title to Hero Levels 501 -> 1,000 & New Mythic Boosters/Slots
  • Ravi-Sama unpinned this topic