[May 2023 ] Recruit Equipment & Resonance - #RERTest

Ravi-Sama

Recruit Equipment - #RERTest -> 9000 koban (HH Test Server)  

138 members have voted

1. 1. You looking forward to this addition to the game?

2. 2. Do you understand how it'll work?

3. 3. Do you like the Equipment Pachinko?

4. 4. What abbreviation(s) do you like for the new Equipment Pachinko orbs? (multiple choice)

• EqP (Equipment Pachinko)
    • REP (Recruit Equipment Pachinko)
    • GEP (Girl Equipment Pachinko)
    • GGP (Girl Gear Pachinko)
    • None. I'll brainstorm something else in the comments.
    • QP (eQuipment Pachinko)
    • FOKK (Fuck Off Kinkoid)
  5. 5. Do you think the way the QP orbs are distributed in events and cards are fair (8/16, 10/20, 6/12)?

Up to 40 of 42 slots filled Like the madman i am i have also started discarding epic and Legendary girl equipment to use as uppgrade fodder for my common pieces double points😋 now up to 13 Level 2 commons😊

Edited by Rylarth
  • Haha 1
  • Surprised :O 1

I'm with DvDivXXX here, If there is something to distribute, I just autoequip starting with the strongest girl and working my way down, till all is handed out.

I don't think I'll put much more effort into this in the near future.

• Like 4

My strategy: Using all Rare and common items for upgrading my Mythic Items, safe Legendary and some Epic to equip my girls. 0,04% Bonus is better than nothing and 0,24% isn't a game changer, true, but perhaps sometimes enough to get one more point in Leagues.

• Like 3

It seems that the EqP rewards in Season are slightly different on the test server 🤔

Main server:

image.png.0693b0f09203cea8475413e2f9a3719a.png

Test server:

image.png.98653ee2788066b685908369e75840e9.png

The other tiers seem to be equivalent (4 in the free path, 8 in the paid path)

Either way, this is more than what was announced:

Citation
      • 2 tiers are modified so you’ll be able to win 8 free + 16 pass (every month)
        • Tier 21: Books moved to Tier 35 to free space for Equipment Pachinko Orbs
        • Tier 45: Epic-1-game orb is moved to Tier 53  to free space for Equipment Pachinko Orbs

but I'm curious as to why both servers show different rewards.

• Thanks 1

sad.jpg.7ffd9403a49500489f72789f0faf26f6.jpg

*sad noises*

OH, maybe I found a loophole: "All of the above" in the "other" space! Even though "none of the above" would be part of the "all of the above", negating my trickshot. You sly fox, Kinkoid... 

Edited by Antimon
  • Like 6
  • Haha 4

It was a pickle for me too (even though I don't believe much in Kinkoid's surveys, as previously explained: they lack the methodology, the means and/or the willingness to make and use them in a meaningful, non-biased way). This particular one even made an apparent effort at sending players answering it a message that they do care, they want these surveys and their communication to improve, in accordance with our feedback, but... that was in a block of text before the entry actually asking us to give us feedback on all of that. And said entry was a comically restrictive simplistic "give a note from 1 to 10" thing, basically so widely subject to countless (mis)interpretations both ways that it defeats its own purpose. Show, don't tell.

*deep breath*

Anyway. I ended up voting for Increase Mythic MGE's drop rate in the EqP, and Upgrades should be cheaper. I think these would make the most difference out of the offered options. Stop giving us common and rare pieces wouldn't necessarily be as useful, since we need fodder anyway.

Missing options that I would have voted for instead would have been:

1. Get these Hero equipment pieces out of our Girl equipment pachinko. All of them, including Mythics and definitely Legendaries. We don't need them even half a percent as much as we need Girl equipment pieces, and we can already get zounds of them from other sources (including other pachinkos). What are they even doing here other than artificially reducing the already low drop rate of what this pachinko was created for?

2. Implement a x10 (or xAnything) orb with guaranteed drops on top of the x1 complete lottery we have now. Make the former type available on reward tracks, and shower us with the basic x1 orbs in PoPs and other more daily-routine things (there's plenty of bad rewards to replace them with: anything except kobans, gems and other orbs).

3. Get the obsolete Frame currency out of the final chest of the Daily Goals, too! Why just the second-to-last chest? And with a single x1 orb? that's miserable. Also please remove Frames from Epic Pachinko as well, and give us some of these basic pink orbs instead.

Show, don't tell. Practice what you preach. And most of all, in this feature's particular case: keep it real. (Well, technically, "make it realistic" but I have no exact match in quote form in my head right now ^^).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Antimon said:

OH, maybe I found a loophole: "All of the above" in the "other" space!

I actually did that. I'm pretty sure they don't care about our feedback either way but who the fuck mixes QoL with balance changes and tells their community to choose one or the other? what a company, ffs 🤦‍♂️

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

I ended up voting for Increase Mythic MGE's drop rate in the EqP, and Upgrades should be cheaper.

If someone hasnt voted yet - those are the only sensible options (besides "delete it"), every other problem can be fixed with a script.

• Thanks 1

Here's the full "recruit equipment improvement survey" for future reference.  It's similar to my forum poll, lol.

image.png

Like y'all, I would've checked more boxes.  It's weird there's just 2 selectable options. 

Also weird that there's a "none of the above" option.

I figure all of this will get done, and they just want to see which changes to prioritize first.

Some of it's already fixed via a script, like the pose being visible (one of @Fiel's complaints), and I just noticed the green highlights.  But even if the script has it already, it should still be updated in the actual game, so that the majority of players benefit, not just the clever ones, that are aware of a script.  The green highlights are sick btw, I love it.  Assuming @zoopokemon added that.

2023-06-01_19-45-22.png 2023-06-01_19-45-34.png

A few suggestions absent, that I remember:

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Master-17 said:

Hm, I can't find a poll for this. Is it only on Discord? Can someone share the link straight to the poll?

It was in the news inbox in-game.

Here's a direct link.  It's just a "Google form."

Don't know if it'll work for you.  Added it to my original comment too.

2023-06-01_20-45-54.png 2023-06-01_20-45-44.png

• Thanks 1

Hello Ravi-Sama,

As always, I couldn't figure this shit out without your explanation - thank you so much for the link that goes to the original patch notes I tried to go back but they don't last long, and couldn't wait for the next patch note to go back.  This link will be very useful because like another player said 'this shit is too much for my monkey brain'.

Play On Tomthe Bomb

Edited by Tomthe Bomb
  • Haha 1

Additional things that were mentioned:

• Have a way to save equipment setup (loadouts?) (convenient when switching teams)
    • I considered doing this in the harem script, but I suspect it would be considered "automation", so for now I decided against it
  • Give more material back when using leveled items
    • The idea would be to be able to level up low-rarity items, then use them as material for higher-rarity items when you're ready to switch, without losing 50% of your materials in the process. It would make all rarities relevant, rather than being a strict "short term or long term bonus? Pick one."
    • An 80 to 90% refund would make this approach viable. 50% wastes way too much material, which is already the main bottleneck.

And other suggestions that would actually make the equipment feature better, but would require changing it rather than just refining it:

• Make lower-rarity items already max-level (like hero gear: no level at all)
    • This way everyone would start with cheap low-rarity items, and gradually move to higher rarity over time when they have enough material
    • Although there's an issue with this: similar to mythic gear, you'd have to reach near-max-level on your high-rarity items for them to become better than low-rarity items (For mythic gear, it's around lvl 15/16. Anything below that is weaker than lvl 500 legendary gear. But at least, lower-level players get to benefit from it much earlier, around lvl 8 or lvl 10 maybe, I don't know exactly)
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Hearts 1

With Mythic Gear this one is more needed than ever:

- add a possibility to "favorite" items so you can't sell them or use them fur upgrading accidently. Another variant could be to create a "strongbox" with some meaningfull filters where you can storage equip that you safe for some reasons (bad gear for Champion fights,  Mythic Gear with different resonance Boni, both for Hero- and Girl-equip). The script has the favorite items feature, but it's a mess that's not in the vanilla game until now.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Liliat said:

//snip

• Make lower-rarity items already max-level (like hero gear: no level at all)
    • This way everyone would start with cheap low-rarity items, and gradually move to higher rarity over time when they have enough material
    • Although there's an issue with this: similar to mythic gear, you'd have to reach near-max-level on your high-rarity items for them to become better than low-rarity items (For mythic gear, it's around lvl 15/16. Anything below that is weaker than lvl 500 legendary gear. But at least, lower-level players get to benefit from it much earlier, around lvl 8 or lvl 10 maybe, I don't know exactly)

Disclaimers: I have played with this very little and I don't use scripts (though love you guys).

My thoughts since near the beginning have been: the gear (overall just not low rarity) should not be levelable at all...it should just be gear.

What I think they did was combine 'you like leveling' with 'you like gear' and IMO that makes it twice as complicated as it could have been.  Were it just flat gear (with different rarities) that you could equip then it would not have been as complicated, they could have phased in feedback or iterated to later make it levelable and everyone would have continued on the same baseline at that time they added leveling in.

However, I didn't say anything because IMO as many of us experience once a feature is in test those sorts of overhaul changes won't happen.

Similarly, I believe "remove it" feedback is a waste of time - the second anyone spent a single koban rollback involving refund becomes super annoying or you risk having even more people annoyed.

PS: Re "you like leveling" - I also _don't_ like leveling mythic gear (for my hero even), I think it's still annoying despite QoL adds.  They had a chance to make that perfect before rolling this feature out and didn't, so this baselined by lack of hope for this feature following the same path.  It makes sense tho, from a code perspective, it's just basically the same thing.  That's why IMO it's disheartening.  I would have liked/would like to see "make leveling easier" maybe notably "you can't skip levels" removed as was specifically shouted out in the FAQ.

Edited by jpanda
caught up with thread :)
  • Like 6

It could still be somehow playable if we could buy girls equipment in the Market. For example, 3 common, 3 rare, 1-2 epic, 1 legendary and 0-1 mythical (depending on the player's level). Moreover, the first 3-4 types would be sold for ¥men, and the last 1-2 for kobans. But the current version is just terrible in every sense

• Like 3

Although I know it may be futile (i.e.,  I am "tilting at windmills"), I gave this feature the lowest scores in all categories and requested its removal from the game via the 'other' option. Communication is critical when approaching a consumer base on potential changes; we had a one-way street. None of our concerns were heard or addressed before the feature roll-out; it was like we didn't exist, and then we were asked to like this addition and how they could improve it. You improve this debacle by pulling the feature, reviewing all the feedback before and after the addition was made, and trying a rerelease after addressing the consumer's concerns.

Edited by Pelinor
a touch of rewording for more clarity
  • Like 7

In one word: Horrible.

In a few more words: It's a terrible slough, it's another attempt to make you spend even more precious time with the game.
It is tedious, boring, annoying.

And worst of all, it is such an obvious attempt at PTW. Whales can just endlessly buy Kobans and then buy Equipment with them until they have the gear they want and can also level it up as they please.

And I thought Mystic Boosters sucked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• DvDivXXX changed the title to [GG Upgrade - July 2023 - NOW LIVE]([May 2023 ] Recruit Equipment & Resonance - #RERTest)
  • Ravi-Sama changed the title to [May 2023 ] Recruit Equipment & Resonance - #RERTest
  • Ravi-Sama unpinned this topic
  • DvDivXXX pinned this topic