How you doing in the "League"

casey

4 hours ago, ~Crown Clown said:

Hi Dv, what's the atk requirement for top 30 d1?

Hey, CC! 😃 I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, but I can tell you my current unboosted stats. 209k Ego, 31k Attack, 21k KH, 20k in the other two main stats, around 12k Defense for each (a little less in CH, a little more in HC). And I now routinely finish in the high top 30 (to the point that I would end in top 15 if I didn't actively fight against it, as you've read) with around 4k to 4.5k points. Hope this helps.

Edit: I finished #19 in the end, I found out this morning. New league looks weaker than the last, but I think it's just me getting stronger each week.

Edit 2: If anyone could please let me know what kind of results I could expect with the above numbers in D2, I'd be very grateful. Thanks in advance!

Edited by DvDivXXX
  • Thanks 1

@DvDivXXX I can't tell you which reward tier will be available to you, but I can share some pointers.

Average median level of players in D1 is about lvl 305-310. In D2 it's around 340-345, and it looks in my current D2 league it means about 34k-47k attack, 11k-15k defences, and 210k-270k ego with high variance mainly due to boosters.

My experience transitioning from D1 to D2 - it was relatively easy. I do most of my combats, I'm lvl 318 and I have to run 1x epic cordyceps full time now. When I started in D2, it was not enough for 16-30. I was lvl 290+ iirc, and I've spent about 1.5-2 months with easy unboosted finishes in D1. In D2 there are noticably more competitive players. It's usual to have more than 15 players aiming for 16-30 finish. I still managed it on my first week being 4x boosted from last day of previous league, with 2x epic cordyceps for about 2 days, and with 1x on rest. Next week was about the same 2 days 2x boosted, rest  was 1x.

I hope it helps.

P.S. If you wish, next week I could post here stats of last 5 players from 16-30 ranks of D2.

Edited by FinderKeeper
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My experience with D2 fields is that heavy boosting is largely confined to the handful of players trying to get firsts or top 4's, and to parts of the bottom 25% of the field (by level) who are trying to survive. Run of the mill players in the middle of the brackets may be seen boosted, but usually not with any coherent strategy, and it's normally easy to catch them without boosts sooner or later.

I don't really pay any attention to the stats of players in specific rank zones, but based on what I see from the whole field when I actually battle them, I'd say a KH player with 250-260k ego and combined attack+defense of at least 55k probably has a good shot at reaching the top 30. (I mean that those should be sufficient as actual fighting stats - whether somebody has them "naturally" or gets to those numbers via boosting is then irrelevant.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

I'd say a KH player with 250-260k ego and combined attack+defense of at least 55k probably has a good shot at reaching the top 30.

Thank you! Since I'd only be aiming for top 45 (at least at first), this tells me that it's likely doable for me without spending too much on boosters. I think I'm going to give it a try. I'm tired of wasting battles and stagnating on the same reward tier in D1 (even if it's a decent enough reward tier with no effort or booster).

So, that's settled. I'll be aiming for promotion this week! ^^ I know I can finish top 15 in D1 if I just stop wasting fights at the end, so I'm guessing with perhaps a little bit of boost and careful planning, I should have a decent shot at a top 4 finish. Damn, my league experience will be exciting again for the first time in over a month! 😃 I'm hyped.

• Like 3

Pretty big D3 win last week. 
Gerald's raw stats (unboosted) are higher than mine, but for some reason, he chose to use a bad and or weird booster combination.
He was using a combination of chlorella legendary for most of the time, but the first 2-3 days I'm sure he was just using epic boosters.

Anyway, I'm happily welcoming the win :D

hhhraning.PNG

• Like 3

After my double turn in Dicktator III, last week I restarted my "slow Dicktator II experience", ending at 17th place. Started the new league, I had quite a bad surprise when I realized that the average difficulty seems to have suddenly increased: despite being actually fighting the easier targets, as I write this I am ranked 17th, while in the past weeks on Friday nights I was around 6th-8th place. This could be positive on the side of potentially gaining more experience (as I may be able to exploit more league tokens with my best fighting party, thus winning more fights while still avoiding promotion), but if the situation persists this could lead to lower ranks and in the end to lower rewards at the end of the league. IMHO we are heading towards a situation where several more levels of leagues will become necessary, which I don't think the devs considered when they decided to extend the level cap to another 100 levels. Nine levels were already few with level 400 players: now that a bunch have reached and exceeded 420 (some even 430, while Gogeta is already at 446) the situation risks becoming somewhat unreasonable, not to say exaggeratedly unbalanced.

• Thinking 1

Yeah, that too. It would have to be done by splitting tiers in the middle, but that would be bad news for most players like Observer_X who play the 16-30 holding pattern game without being particularly overpowered for that. A player pool and rewards split of, say, D2 into D2-upper and D2-lower would mean that such players would find it much harder to compete for 16-30 in D2-upper, and they also wouldn't be competing for the top 4 spots in D2-lower (if they were interested in doing promote/tank cycles, they would be doing it already right now), so they'd likely be relegated to competing for 16-30 in D2-lower for less rewards. Maybe 31-45 in D2-upper if they're lucky.

That aside, the increase of the level cap to 500 has been pretty much nullified for the overall league structure since they accelerated the early-game XP progression. It only takes weeks now to get to level 150+, so the effective level range of active league players is actually smaller than it used to be when the cap was still 400. And the significant XP gain boosts up to around level 300 mean that newer players are currently catching up more than before.

All in all, just a typically ill-considered suggestion.

Edited by _shal_

Interesting example of the wining demoting strategy in my D3 league:

Nexouille Level 388 is now at 98 place with only 1255 points when he could aspire to top 30 or even top 15. Why? here is the answer

image.png.17c65983509496324ee56050a6d35362.png

He is constantly demoting in D3 and wining big in D2 (ten times!), so every two weeks he is assuring 11600 kobans or in the worst case 4600.

Of course he is losing a lot of experience (that mean levels and consequently lower stats) and in the long run this will not be sustainable as there will be stronger players than him in D2 but until now he has done exceptionally good for his level.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I mean, my relative strength in D2 has definitely improved even with the biweekly tanking XP losses... Keep in mind that nearly all the top level players that can be found in D2 brackets are frequently up in D3. It's not just the winners who get promoted, after all.

There are also very few players in my arena bubble (approximately 100 players total) who out-level me - the only ones who do are those who boost a lot to win all their battles in D3 every week. 

Edit: I'm level 378 now, and I've been doing the win/tank cycles since September, so about 5 months. Checking my records, I'd estimate that I've lost XP corresponding to maaaybe 4 or 5 levels compared to staying in D2 16-30 every week. And competing as much as possible (even at great koban expense) in D3 would have added perhaps another 1 or 2 levels to that. So at best I'd be around level 385 right now, still miles away from being a regular competitor even for D3 top 4, let alone winning it. I'll take my 11,520 kobans every second week instead, thanks. B|

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 3

first off, i am not winning every 2nd week, but at least every third in average

in our club is someone who plays very actively d3 and at the beginning of my d2/d3 we were 15/16 lvls in difference, now, a few months later, we are 17/18 in difference

So, obviously I take my 1920 kobans every day over a little bit more xp (and since d2 mostly have 107-110+ players it's even less xp-lost in the end)

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, blaa said:

So, obviously I take my 1920 kobans every day over a little bit more xp (and since d2 mostly have 107-110+ players it's even less xp-lost in the end)

That's a good point - with the recent changes to how league brackets are formed, there's actually more XP to be gained winning D2 than winning D3. (But at a cost of kobans for the additional tokens, of course.)

Putting some "faces" to the numbers, here's an example player whom jelom will know from his club. :)

image.png.453bf888aede98f6d0ce9e7c180490a6.png

(She has two accounts under that name; this is the higher-levelled one.)

Back in September, in the last few weeks before the scoring change (and my corresponding switch from Charm to KH), I saw her in a D2 bracket. I believe she was doing the 16-30 idling routine at the time. Around the same time I also saw her in the arena sometimes - "sometimes" because she was either 15 (in) or 16 (out) levels ahead of me, depending on who had levelled up more recently.

I know that, shortly after that, she started to compete exclusively in D3, with heavy boosters almost all the time, so I assume she switched to an XP-maximizing strategy at that point. (I soon lost arena contact to her, of course.) It must have been approximately four months since then, and she's currently level 399 as seen above - so still only 21 levels ahead of me. 5 or 6 levels lost in four months to a player who's at least as skilled at the game as I am. It's a significant difference, and of course her level-ups also take more XP than mine do, but it's just not enough of a difference for me to regret that I'm maximizing kobans instead of XP.

• Like 2

exactly as I see it @_shal_, and in this example she will even get less xp cause she will be lvl 400 soon (sure you will do too, if you reach the mark)

and honestly, who knows if there will be a xp-adding-feature in the near future (maybe with kobans, but at least you will have enough of them then)

edit: and yes, the more players cost kobans, but if you want to win the league you will have to invest them (most of the time) anyways - if you are just playing for 16 you most likely dont need them to get 16/17...

Edited by blaa
  • Like 2

In reality my former post was praising that strategy, and the comment about the viability was on the VERY long run, that is, more than a year, meaning you could loss experience equivalent to 10-15 levels or more and not reduce level distance with the top players. But you both are right about the viability of the demoting strategy and the rewards you could get in D2. And we have to add that with more players and more brackets every week the average strengh in D2 is diluted and not all players added are so competitive as you are, so you can improve your relative strength over time.

Of course, this game is about getting more girls and if you win a lot more kobans in exchange for some XP then it is worth it.

Satellizer is not in my club but in one of the brother clubs with similar name, so I have not info about her (how do you now is "she"?)

• Like 2

Well, my promotion week didn't go as smoothly as I expected. It was easy (although I've used a few boosters for the past couple of days), but it doesn't look like I'll be able to beat the rushers and make it into Top 4:

1598338906_HHLeagueStory11D1Promotion-NoTop4.png.eb019aeb79b84d9bedd649a8dec4beb4.png

My league has 106 members, so if I bought refills and did every last possible fight (as the guys in top 4 clearly already did), I could do a total of 43 fights from there. But most of those would be losses anyway, even with my current boosters (so around 12 points apiece), and maybe at most +/- 10 of those fights could still be wins (so around 19 points apiece). This would at best push me to #5, which is useless.

Maybe this wasn't the best week to try for a top 4, it seems that the guys above me are doing the promote/tank strategy, but applied to D1 and D2 instead of D2 and D3 (which seems worthless to me, especially considering their levels). But oh well. I'll still be earning more than usual and we'll see how D2 goes for me next week. 😃

• Like 2

I think I have been very lucky this week. But it's mostly due to luck with Critical hit, and the fact that I managed to find a wonderful club with a lot of generous souls. Every time I find some clubs that are not fully upgraded, it just makes me appreciate the amazing club I have been allowed to be a part of.

This week I want to celebrate two of our club members

123234, and XXXYYYCCC, both of them being below level 400 but, as of this week, they have both managed to win the Top 4 prize in Dicktator 3!!

That's tremendous performance. They have both worked hard and come a long way.

Great cheers and Lots of Hurras to my brothers in Club Fairy Tail

Untitled.thumb.jpg.f603beea67223557be6c73d1e57b01c4.jpg

I'm super proud of you guys.

Edited by Fiel
  • Like 2

I finished on place 20 in my d2 with 12 points left to 15. Got an average of 17,65 points (could be better (which means worse) next time, but still figuring out how to get the 16 points) with doing around 260 of 321 possible battles.

The current d2 looks tricky: There are on HC player with way more lvls and better stats but only one d2 win so far (he is also in my club), and 2 KH players with higher lvl and (slightly) better stats but one of them has 15 d1 wins and just an 11 placement in d2 and the other has as a best result a second place in d2, maybe he is one of those players who could easily win but does not boost (or just a late boost) - the higher CH players with better stats i ignore, obviously

Since on of the better players joined late and I already had my boosters on I start playing the league for a win, but maybe I change through out the process.

edit: As I am writing this another KH-player with slightly better stats joined the league, but, again, no win so far, just 2 2nd places

Edited by blaa
  • Like 3